submit a similar cleanup for the 5501 LED driver. Anyone got a board
and a few minutes to test a kernel patch for me please?

Ed W
Re: Anyone got a Soekris 5501 board can test a trivial kernel patch ? [ In reply to ]
On 03/18/11 05:27, Ed W wrote:
> Hi, I'm submitting a patch for the Alix board LED driver and want to
> submit a similar cleanup for the 5501 LED driver. Anyone got a board
> and a few minutes to test a kernel patch for me please?
>
> Ed W

http://www.pcengines.ch/alix2d3.htm

I have an alix 2d3 board. Never set it up, so you'll
have to put a bootable image up somehere I can grab put
it (your image) on CF or usb and boot; then test.

I'm not even sure it has LEDs..... as it is a box
on the shelf...

hth,
James
Re: Anyone got a Soekris 5501 board can test a trivial kernel patch ? [ In reply to ]
On 18/03/2011 15:43, wireless wrote:
> On 03/18/11 05:27, Ed W wrote:
>> Hi, I'm submitting a patch for the Alix board LED driver and want to
>> submit a similar cleanup for the 5501 LED driver. Anyone got a board
>> and a few minutes to test a kernel patch for me please?
>>
>> Ed W
>>

> http://www.pcengines.ch/alix2d3.htm
>

> I have an alix 2d3 board. Never set it up, so you'll
> have to put a bootable image up somehere I can grab put
> it (your image) on CF or usb and boot; then test.
>
> I'm not even sure it has LEDs..... as it is a box
> on the shelf...

Thanks for the offer - you have struck the nail on the head though -
it's a soekris driver so I need a soekris board...

Note for those with Alix boards I am trying to submit an updated
alix-leds driver which means you can have GPIO *and* LEDs at the same
time. However, you will (probably not) notice that you need to enable
the new cs5535-mfd on 2.6.38 if you want gpio to work (like 2.6.37)...
Beware... (says someone who spent a couple of hours figuring this out
today...)

Anyway, the SOekris board is quite similar so I wanted to submit the
same patch for that, but I need someone with a board to test it..

Cheers

Ed W
Re: Anyone got a Soekris 5501 board can test a trivial kernel patch ? [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I have a Net4801, can this be of any help?

/JM

--
Jean-Marc
Re: Anyone got a Soekris 5501 board can test a trivial kernel patch ? [ In reply to ]
On 19/03/2011 08:30, Jean-Marc Beaune wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Net4801, can this be of any help?

Thanks for the offer, but it's the LED driver for the 5501 that I need
to test

Thanks

Ed W
Re: Anyone got a Soekris 5501 board can test a trivial kernel patch ? [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I have a Soekris 5501, are you still looking for someone to test this?

I am new to Gentoo and will be trying my first cross-compile for my Soekris
sometime this week. (I have experiance with FreeBSD/Linux and
software/kernel patching/compilation. If you are able to supply the patch, I
should be able to do the rest)

Please let or know even if you don't need a tester anymore.