Mailing List Archive

crossdev with my own PORTDIR
Some minor issues I have noted when using my own
portage tree(PORTDIR):
--------------------------------------
!!! INVALID ACCEPT_KEYWORDS: x86
Calculating dependencies
!!! 'sys-kernel/linux-headers' has a category that is not listed in /etc/portage/categories

!!! 'sys-devel/gcc' has a category that is not listed in /etc/portage/categories

!!! 'sys-devel/binutils' has a category that is not listed in /etc/portage/categories
... done!

>>> Verifying ebuild manifests

>>> Emerging (1 of 1) cross-powerpc-4.4.4_softfloat-linux-gnu/glibc-2.11.2
!!! INVALID ACCEPT_KEYWORDS: x86
-------------------------------------
!!! INVALID ACCEPT_KEYWORDS: x86
Calculating dependencies
!!! 'sys-libs/glibc' has a category that is not listed in /etc/portage/categories

!!! 'sys-libs/ncurses' has a category that is not listed in /etc/portage/categories

!!! 'sys-libs/zlib' has a category that is not listed in /etc/portage/categories
... done!

>>> Verifying ebuild manifests

>>> Emerging (1 of 1) cross-powerpc-4.4.4_softfloat-linux-gnu/gcc-4.4.4-r2
!!! INVALID ACCEPT_KEYWORDS: x86
---------------------------------------

Can't make out what it causing this. It isn't fatal but annoying and potentially
masks some bug.

crossdev also prints this:
* Using sys-devel/binutils from /usr/local/src/TM-fs/toolchain/portage instead of /usr/local/src/TM-fs/toolchain/portage
* Using sys-devel/gcc from /usr/local/src/TM-fs/toolchain/portage instead of /usr/local/src/TM-fs/toolchain/portage
* Using sys-kernel/linux-headers from /usr/local/src/TM-fs/toolchain/portage instead of /usr/local/src/TM-fs/toolchain/portage
* Using sys-libs/glibc from /usr/local/src/TM-fs/toolchain/portage instead of /usr/local/src/TM-fs/toolchain/portage
* Using sys-devel/gdb from /usr/local/src/TM-fs/toolchain/portage instead of /usr/local/src/TM-fs/toolchain/portage

the ... "instead of /usr/local/src/TM-fs/toolchain/portage" is a bit redundant.
Re: crossdev with my own PORTDIR [ In reply to ]
On Friday, October 08, 2010 08:00:46 Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> Some minor issues I have noted when using my own
> portage tree(PORTDIR):
> --------------------------------------
> !!! INVALID ACCEPT_KEYWORDS: x86
> Calculating dependencies
> !!! 'sys-kernel/linux-headers' has a category that is not listed in
> /etc/portage/categories
>
> !!! 'sys-devel/gcc' has a category that is not listed in
> /etc/portage/categories
>
> !!! 'sys-devel/binutils' has a category that is not listed in
> /etc/portage/categories ... done!

does yourt PORTDIR suck ? if you dont provide proper profiles/ tree, then the
answer is yes, and this output is not related to crossdev at all.

> crossdev also prints this:
> * Using sys-devel/binutils from /usr/local/src/TM-fs/toolchain/portage
> instead of /usr/local/src/TM-fs/toolchain/portage

the problem seems to be your custom PORTDIR is also listed in your overlays
which doesnt make much sense. use one or the other.
-mike
Re: crossdev with my own PORTDIR [ In reply to ]
Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote on 2010/10/10 00:14:29:

> On Friday, October 08, 2010 08:00:46 Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> > Some minor issues I have noted when using my own
> > portage tree(PORTDIR):
> > --------------------------------------
> > !!! INVALID ACCEPT_KEYWORDS: x86
> > Calculating dependencies
> > !!! 'sys-kernel/linux-headers' has a category that is not listed in
> > /etc/portage/categories
> >
> > !!! 'sys-devel/gcc' has a category that is not listed in
> > /etc/portage/categories
> >
> > !!! 'sys-devel/binutils' has a category that is not listed in
> > /etc/portage/categories ... done!
>
> does yourt PORTDIR suck ? if you dont provide proper profiles/ tree, then the
> answer is yes, and this output is not related to crossdev at all.

Probably, it is several years old :) I will check what is wrong with
the profile then.

> > crossdev also prints this:
> > * Using sys-devel/binutils from /usr/local/src/TM-fs/toolchain/portage
> > instead of /usr/local/src/TM-fs/toolchain/portage
>
> the problem seems to be your custom PORTDIR is also listed in your overlays
> which doesnt make much sense. use one or the other.

ah, I don't want crossdev to pick up stuff outside my portage tree. That
is why I point the overlay to the same tree.

Jocke
Re: crossdev with my own PORTDIR [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 3:24 AM, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> Mike Frysinger wrote on 2010/10/10 00:14:29:
>> On Friday, October 08, 2010 08:00:46 Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
>> > crossdev also prints this:
>> >  * Using sys-devel/binutils from /usr/local/src/TM-fs/toolchain/portage
>> > instead of /usr/local/src/TM-fs/toolchain/portage
>>
>> the problem seems to be your custom PORTDIR is also listed in your overlays
>> which doesnt make much sense.  use one or the other.
>
> ah, I don't want crossdev to pick up stuff outside my portage tree. That
> is why I point the overlay to the same tree.

look at set_links(). it will scan all overlays before PORTDIR for
packages to use. so simply listing your custom PORTDIR in
PORTDIR_OVERLAY should be sufficient.
-mike
Re: crossdev with my own PORTDIR [ In reply to ]
vapierfilter@gmail.com wrote on 2010/10/10 10:35:56:

> On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 3:24 AM, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> > Mike Frysinger wrote on 2010/10/10 00:14:29:
> >>
> >> the problem seems to be your custom PORTDIR is also listed in your overlays
> >> which doesnt make much sense.  use one or the other.
> >
> > ah, I don't want crossdev to pick up stuff outside my portage tree. That
> > is why I point the overlay to the same tree.
>
> look at set_links(). it will scan all overlays before PORTDIR for
> packages to use. so simply listing your custom PORTDIR in
> PORTDIR_OVERLAY should be sufficient.

I see, will have a closer look then.

Meanwhile, perhaps we can have a release of crossdev?
The new --env options are really useful.

Jocke
Re: crossdev with my own PORTDIR [ In reply to ]
On Sunday, October 10, 2010 05:29:09 Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> Meanwhile, perhaps we can have a release of crossdev?

done
-mike
Re: crossdev with my own PORTDIR [ In reply to ]
Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote on 2010/10/11 10:58:37:

> On Sunday, October 10, 2010 05:29:09 Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> > Meanwhile, perhaps we can have a release of crossdev?
>
> done

What also would be a nice feature is if
one could just do crossdev -C powerpc-4.4.4_softfloat-linux-gnu/gcc
and have only gcc uninstalled so crossdev only needs
to rebuild gcc next the run.

Jocke
Re: crossdev with my own PORTDIR [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday, October 19, 2010 14:18:43 Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote on 2010/10/11 10:58:37:
> > On Sunday, October 10, 2010 05:29:09 Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
> > > Meanwhile, perhaps we can have a release of crossdev?
> >
> > done
>
> What also would be a nice feature is if
> one could just do crossdev -C powerpc-4.4.4_softfloat-linux-gnu/gcc
> and have only gcc uninstalled so crossdev only needs
> to rebuild gcc next the run.

that doesnt make much sense to be in crossdev. you can already do `emerge -C
~cross-foo/gcc-4.4.4`.
-mike