Mailing List Archive

Problems using crossdev
Hi list,

I just try to use sys-devel/crossdev. I follow the embedded handbook
(http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/handbook/index.xml)

I've created a toolchain with:

crossdev -t i686-pc-linux-uclibc

Using the i686-pc-linux-uclibc-gcc also worked like in the handbook.

As the next step I wanted to get the cross-emerge like in section 3.

I've set:
CBUILD=i686-pc-linux-gnu
CHOST=i686-pc-linux-uclibc
SYSROOT=/usr/i686-pc-linux-uclibc
ROOT=$SYSROOT
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT=$SYSROOT

and added sys-devel/crossdev ~* to my package.keywords

but "emerge crossdev" fails like this:

gentoo-dev ~ # emerge --verbose --pretend crossdev

!!! /usr/i686-pc-linux-uclibc/etc/make.profile is not a symlink and
will probably prevent most merges.
!!! It should point into a profile within /usr/portage/profiles/
!!! (You can safely ignore this message when syncing. It's harmless.)

!!! If you have just changed your profile configuration, you should revert
!!! back to the previous configuration. Due to your current profile being
!!! invalid, allowed actions are limited to --help, --info, --sync, and
!!! --version.

Have I done something wrong with the environment settings? Since It's
not really clear to me if I have to have them all.

Regards

Daniel
Re: Problems using crossdev [ In reply to ]
Hi Daniel,

I did not try the steps in the handbook
but i tried the following two steps to get the cross-compile environment:

#emerge crossdev-wrappers
#emerge-wrapper --init

If this succeeded,you can now cross-emerge. if you check /usr/${CTARGET}
you will find cross-
compile environment including portage configuration files in
/usr/${CTARGET}/etc.

I hope this helps you.

Mirage.

--
Never Think Hard About Past,It brings"Tears" Don't think more about future,
It brings"Fears" Live this moment with a Smile, It brings"Cheers".
Re: Problems using crossdev [ In reply to ]
Hi,

> #emerge crossdev-wrappers
> #emerge-wrapper --init
>
> If this succeeded,you can now cross-emerge. if you check
> /usr/${CTARGET} you will find cross-
> compile environment including portage configuration files in
> /usr/${CTARGET}/etc.

thanks for the hint. crossdev-wrappers seems to be part of crossdev. At
least I can't find a crossdev-wrappers ebuild, but emerge-wrapper is
there. Now I get the following error:
# emerge-wrapper --init
# i686-pc-linux-uclibc-emerge findutils

<snip>

* Wrong EM_TYPE. Expected EM_X86
EM_386 ./usr/bin/xargs
EM_386 ./usr/bin/find
EM_386 ./usr/bin/oldfind

I get something like this for every Package I try. I have not changed
one of the config files in /usr/$CHOST/etc

Regards

Daniel
Re: Problems using crossdev [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 8:00 AM, Daniel Vergien <
daniel.vergien@rrz.uni-hamburg.de> wrote:

> thanks for the hint. crossdev-wrappers seems to be part of crossdev. At
> least I can't find a crossdev-wrappers ebuild, but emerge-wrapper is there.
> Now I get the following error:
> # emerge-wrapper --init
> # i686-pc-linux-uclibc-emerge findutils
>
> <snip>
>
> * Wrong EM_TYPE. Expected EM_X86
> EM_386 ./usr/bin/xargs
> EM_386 ./usr/bin/find
> EM_386 ./usr/bin/oldfind
>

> I get something like this for every Package I try. I have not changed one
> of the config files in /usr/$CHOST/etc

Hi
Sorry i can't help in this, but please check your variables in in
/usr/${CTARGET}/etc/make.conf.

Regards,
M.