Mailing List Archive

Gentoo User Relations and you.
Hello all,

First off, allow me to introduce myself. I'm Christel and I've recently
taken over as lead of the User-Relations project. We are currently in
the process of resurrecting and revamping the project and this is why I
am contacting you now! As your project is user focused it is one which I
am interested in working closely with.

At this point in time I am trying to get more of an idea of what user
focused projects there are and what the individual projects do. I also
want to establish a good rapport with the projects that fall under our
heading. Some of you may not be aware of the existence of user-relations
as the project has lain dormant for quite some time. Others may be aware
of the project but without much idea of what the project is supposed to
do. User-relations is a subsection of developer-relations and our main
focus is to promote good communication between the user community and
the developer community.

Some projects have already shown interest in taking more of an active
part in user-relations and I am hoping that you all may find the time to
be part of the exciting challenge of bringing user-relations back to
life! I am hoping that your project will find the time to nominate
someone to represent them within user-relations and to be a point of
contact for us. I believe it will benefit both your individual project
and ours to have good internal cross project communication! I will want
your input on the things we intend to work on/with and I would love to
be able to be a bit of a silent spectator and have the chance to see
what your project does and how you work as I believe that we can all
learn from each other, compare ideas and together strengthen the bond
between users and developers.

I am hoping that you will allow me to benefit from the
experiences you've made as part of a user focused project, the methods
you use, your ideas etc.

I would love to hear your input on what you want out of user-relations,
what you expect from us, what you think it is important we focus on,
and so on.

Thank you for taking the time to read through this and I hope to hear
from you soon!

Comments, questions, ideas etc are most welcome and we can be reached by
e-mailing user-relations@gentoo.org , by stopping by #gentoo-userrel on
IRC (Freenode).

Have a great day!

Your sincerely,

Christel Dahlskjaer

Re: Gentoo User Relations and you. [ In reply to ]
Christel Dahlskjaer wrote:

> Some projects have already shown interest in taking more of an active
> part in user-relations and I am hoping that you all may find the time to
> be part of the exciting challenge of bringing user-relations back to
> life! I am hoping that your project will find the time to nominate
> someone to represent them within user-relations and to be a point of
> contact for us. I believe it will benefit both your individual project
> and ours to have good internal cross project communication!

Since no one has yet replied to this, I'd like to help you from the
docs-team wrt userrel unless someone else wants to.

Shyam Mani | <fox2mike@gentoo.org>
docs-team | http://gdp.gentoo.org
GPG Key | 0xFDD0E345