Mailing List Archive

Re: [gentoo-core] Project page updates (list inside)
On Sun, Sep 19, 2004 at 04:39:00PM +0200, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
> I'm trying to fix these documents. However I've hit quite harshly the fact
> that the dtd does not allow block elements inside table cells. Especially the
> projectxml.xml file uses this to put some notes into a cell. This works
> perfectly, and is also according to the html/xhtml standard. I'd like to ask
> you whether we could consider allowing block level elements in table items.

I'm personally not in favor of allowing any blocks inside the tables, not
because of any grudge I might have against the frequent use of <note>,
<impo> or <warn>'s, but because I believe the colours just don't mix and
that a table cell isn't really the place to be putting more information than
a couple of sentences in.

You're referencing
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/metastructure/projectxml.xml which indeed
contains such an inline note. In my opinion (just my own) I don't see why
you need to put those two note's in that cell. The text can be made clear
enough without them.

I've added the documentation project mailinglist in case they aren't
following the thread. If there is indeed more animo for allowing those
inside the table cells I'll reinstate it in the DTD.

Wkr,
Sven Vermeulen

--
^__^ And Larry saw that it was Good.