Mailing List Archive

Unscheduled time-off takers
Hi all

Sorry that I haven't been able to do what I promised just yet (try a stab
at grsec2, reintegrate manual grub instructions, ...); my parent's their
PC has crashed and sadly enough, Mr. Murphy all over the place:

- Last backup was 2 weeks ago, next one was scheduled for today.
- No settings known for banking software, cytrix client and e-mail
(outlook)
- No install software available for accounting software (yes, it's legit,
but the creators of this software want to keep their software as private
as possible and perform all installations themselves - for a price of
course)
- Zip100 drive (used for backups) died (powersupplyconnector broken)

I'm in the process of reinstalling the entire system (from scratch),
replacing necessary files one by one (I hope to get the accounting
software working again without paying :p). But the system is an NT4 one
and I've already had my share of hardware/driver issues with it.

Anyway, I don't know when the system will be ready again, but since the
system is rather important for my parent's business it's my first
priority.

Just letting you know I didn't forget you all!

Sven Vermeulen

--
I thought I saw a pussycat...
I did! I did! I did saw a pussycat!