Mailing List Archive

Re:
I'm new to Gentoo but not new to Linux. I have been perusing through the
Gentoo docs and wiki, and overall I like the thoroughness/completeness. I
have noticed though, and portage is just such an example that proves the
point, that the documentation often does not include the concept. I can get
the mechanics of portage and how to use it, but until the concept is
grasped one doesn't really understand it. I'm still playing with portage
and learning it. It'll be a bit before I can say I have the concept. I also
noticed some of the docs and wikis are out of date (that's a continual
battle with documentation, always running behind). Once I am more familiar
with Gentoo, I wouldn't mind helping out.

Respectfully
Always learning
Jonathan R