https://dev.gentoo.org/~cam/gentoo-doc-fr/ is dead.

So the volunteers cannot contribute, I will stop this volunteer lead
and let the french documentation in the hands of the Gentoo developers.

Could you please update that documnentation or delete it ? It is too
comfusing for french-speaking people, we get still now remarks about
HAL (can I say "LOL" ?).

Kind regards,
Xavier Miller.
Re: French documentation : no more cam's French documentation information [ In reply to ]
On 03/13/13 09:13, Xavier Miller wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After some months of inactivity, some french speaking volunteers
> proposed to continue to contribute to the update of the very old
> french documentation.
>
> I tried to get the status left by the official absent team, but the
> page with the tools is no more accessible :
> https://dev.gentoo.org/~cam/gentoo-doc-fr/ is dead.
>
> So the volunteers cannot contribute, I will stop this volunteer lead
> and let the french documentation in the hands of the Gentoo developers.
>
> Could you please update that documnentation or delete it ? It is too
> comfusing for french-speaking people, we get still now remarks about
> HAL (can I say "LOL" ?).
>
> Kind regards,
> Xavier Miller.

Hi Xavier,

I am presently in the course of updating the French documentation, with
the help of Sven Vermeulen that commits the files for me. Please don't
remove them now as I already did almost all the handbook, the
alsa-guide, the alternative installation guide. Some of the files are
still waiting for committing in bugzilla.

I am volunteerto revive the French team but I was explained by Sven that
it can take some months before I can demonstrate my ability to doso (I
am not a developer).
This is not a problem to me as I feel enthusiastic and things are going
well the present way.

Regards

José
Re: French documentation : no more cam's French documentation information [ In reply to ]
Quoting José Fournier <jaaf.forums@zoraldia.com>:

> On 03/13/13 09:13, Xavier Miller wrote:
> Hi Xavier,
>
> I am presently in the course of updating the French documentation,
> with the help of Sven Vermeulen that commits the files for me.
> Please don't remove them now as I already did almost all the
> handbook, the alsa-guide, the alternative installation guide. Some
> of the files are still waiting for committing in bugzilla.
>
> I am volunteerto revive the French team but I was explained by Sven
> that it can take some months before I can demonstrate my ability to
> doso (I am not a developer).
> This is not a problem to me as I feel enthusiastic and things are
> going well the present way.
>
> Regards
>
> José

Thank you very much, José !!!

If you need some help, there are people at #gentoofr willing to help.

Kind regards,
Xavier
Re: French documentation : no more cam's French documentation information [ In reply to ]
On 03/13/13 10:00, Xavier Miller wrote:
> Quoting José Fournier <jaaf.forums@zoraldia.com>:
>
>> On 03/13/13 09:13, Xavier Miller wrote:
>> Hi Xavier,
>>
>> I am presently in the course of updating the French documentation,
>> with the help of Sven Vermeulen that commits the files for me. Please
>> don't remove them now as I already did almost all the handbook, the
>> alsa-guide, the alternative installation guide. Some of the files are
>> still waiting for committing in bugzilla.
>>
>> I am volunteerto revive the French team but I was explained by Sven
>> that it can take some months before I can demonstrate my ability to
>> doso (I am not a developer).
>> This is not a problem to me as I feel enthusiastic and things are
>> going well the present way.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> José
>
> Thank you very much, José !!!
>
> If you need some help, there are people at #gentoofr willing to help.
>
> Kind regards,
> Xavier

Thank you too. It's a real pleasure to contribute to such awonderful
Linux distroand, this way, allow developers to concentrate on the
fundamentals, I mean the software itself.
Re: French documentation : no more cam's French documentation information [ In reply to ]
On 03/13/13 10:29, José Fournier wrote:
> On 03/13/13 10:00, Xavier Miller wrote:
>> Quoting José Fournier <jaaf.forums@zoraldia.com>:
>>
>>> On 03/13/13 09:13, Xavier Miller wrote:
>>> Hi Xavier,
>>>
>>> I am presently in the course of updating the French documentation,
>>> with the help of Sven Vermeulen that commits the files for me.
>>> Please don't remove them now as I already did almost all the
>>> handbook, the alsa-guide, the alternative installation guide. Some
>>> of the files are still waiting for committing in bugzilla.
>>>
>>> I am volunteerto revive the French team but I was explained by Sven
>>> that it can take some months before I can demonstrate my ability to
>>> doso (I am not a developer).
>>> This is not a problem to me as I feel enthusiastic and things are
>>> going well the present way.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> José
>>
>> Thank you very much, José !!!
>>
>> If you need some help, there are people at #gentoofr willing to help.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Xavier
>>

> Thank you too. It's a real pleasure to contribute to such awonderful
> Linux distroand, this way, allow developers to concentrate on the
> fundamentals, I mean the software itself.
I still have this problem with Thunderbird (words linked together) that
makes my mails ugly. No idea of what could be the reason!