Mailing List Archive

unsubscribe

----- Mail original -----
De: "Ivan Ferdous" <kferdous@gmail.com>
À: gentoo-doc@lists.gentoo.org
Envoyé: Jeudi 1 Mars 2012 19:12:12
Objet: Re: [gentoo-doc] ARM manuals

unsubscribe

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 11:34 AM, wireless < wireless@tampabay.rr.com > wrote:

On 03/01/12 01:44, Sven Vermeulen wrote:

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 8:35 PM, wireless< wireless@tampabay.rr. com > wrote:

A while back there was talk of Gentoo and Ubuntu exploring
some deeper form of cooperation; a merger of sorts. Surely
an interesting idea.

I wasn't aware of that. Do you have some info on this?

The apr 1 info, may be the key parameter. I remember reading snippets
in several locations.... but nothing to recall now. I did not
really focus on the issue at the time, so it is completely
possible it was but a lark, I did not discern.....

Still, an interesting idea, some would think. I have taken
the path of setting up raid under Ubuntu, as suggested to me
by a few old gentoers. While visiting the Ubuntu offerings,
it surprises me to see so many (gentoo) familiar folks bouncing
around and using Ubuntu, for a wide variety of purposes.
Quite a lively and social bunch over there at Ubuntu, many
old friends.....

Curiously, Ubuntu seems to be able to
publish documents, very easily.

Publication isn't an issue. We also have http://wiki.gentoo.org where
you can quickly set up and publish documents.
]
Yes you are correct. Also, I did find the Ubuntu installation media
(alternate.iso) for explicitly setting up RAID, as part of the
native Ubuntu installation docs and media.

Furthermore, Ubuntu on arm boards; documents intended for the rank and file users; very cool indeed.

I'm still looking for equivalents in Gentoo; maybe after grub-2
is stable on gentoo, we can get a singular document and matching installation media for installing RAID from scratch.....

Also note,native ARM support for netbooks, laptop and lite-workstations
is coming to many linux distros. I just hope Gentoo leads
rather than follows in that regard. Surely the talent
is in the dev_pool to make it work, it's the documentation
that is the real challenge, imho.

sincerely,
James