decade ago) and don't really feel like learning about it without being able
to test things.

Bugs are:
- #392743 "Implicit assumptions -> confusion when trying to use printer on
a Win7 machine"
- #327093 "Addition of 64-bit info to "Gentoo Samba3/CUPS HOWTO"

Wkr,
Sven Vermeulen
Re: Job Position: someone with a printer ;-) [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 03:39:19PM +0000, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> No, it's not a real vacancy. But we have a couple of bugreports about CUPS
> or printing that could need a hand from someone who has at least some
> knowledge in printing on Linux. I haven't had a printer in ages (more than a
> decade ago) and don't really feel like learning about it without being able
> to test things.
>
> Bugs are:
> - #392743 "Implicit assumptions -> confusion when trying to use printer on
> a Win7 machine"
> - #327093 "Addition of 64-bit info to "Gentoo Samba3/CUPS HOWTO"
>
> Wkr,
> Sven Vermeulen

I own an HP printer myself. I could give a hand with the printing howto WRT
bug 392743:

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/printing-howto.xml

I can't help with samba or Win7 at this moment, probably in the near
future.

Regards.

--
Chema Alonso (nimiux)
Linux user #412962
Re: Job Position: someone with a printer ;-) [ In reply to ]
On 12/10/11 4:39 PM, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
> Bugs are:
> - #392743 "Implicit assumptions -> confusion when trying to use printer on
> a Win7 machine"

This guy seems to want to print _to_ a Windows7 machine. I don't think
the current guide covers it at all, and instead focuses on a Linux-based
print server.

> - #327093 "Addition of 64-bit info to "Gentoo Samba3/CUPS HOWTO"

I remember doing something similar to that article, it should be safe to
take those updates.