Mailing List Archive

OT: Nazi symbols on Gentoo (and other offending content)
Santiago M. Mola kirjoitti:

> Thoughts? Isn't there anyone else willing to keep Nazi symbols outside
> forums? If yes, at the expense of punting all politics or just as a
> special case?

Again this is the wrong mailing list. I don't see this thread having any
technical content.

Regards,
Petteri
Re: OT: Nazi symbols on Gentoo (and other offending content) [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 1:57 AM, Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Santiago M. Mola kirjoitti:
>

> > Thoughts? Isn't there anyone else willing to keep Nazi symbols outside
> > forums? If yes, at the expense of punting all politics or just as a
> > special case?
> >

> Again this is the wrong mailing list. I don't see this thread having any
> technical content.

Actually I thought about it, but it seems @-project has no attention
from developers, and what I want to know if is more developers see
this as a problem, or not, or just don't care (if the later is the
case, the thread will just die shortly).

Anyway, next time I'll use @-project, and let's see if someone
actually cares about that mailing list.

--
Santiago M. Mola
Jabber ID: cooldwind@gmail.com
Re: OT: Nazi symbols on Gentoo (and other offending content) [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 27 April 2008, Santiago M. Mola wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 1:57 AM, Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > Santiago M. Mola kirjoitti:
> > > Thoughts? Isn't there anyone else willing to keep Nazi symbols outside
> > > forums? If yes, at the expense of punting all politics or just as a
> > > special case?
> >
> > Again this is the wrong mailing list. I don't see this thread having any
> > technical content.
>
> Actually I thought about it, but it seems @-project has no attention
> from developers, and what I want to know if is more developers see
> this as a problem, or not, or just don't care (if the later is the
> case, the thread will just die shortly).
>
> Anyway, next time I'll use @-project, and let's see if someone
> actually cares about that mailing list.

unfortunately (fortunately?), that's the way the Gentoo community wants it.
gentoo-dev is for development only. any non-development stuff goes to the
gentoo-project list. you're most likely right there are a lot less people
subscribed there, but that is because the people who arent subscribed there
dont care about non-development issues.

even if there may be a set of people not on the -project list but on the -dev
list, and they have an opinion on this particular topic, putting the thread
here is not appropriate. if they truly care, they can signup, fetch the
relevant mails from the archive, and respond.
-mike
Re: OT: Nazi symbols on Gentoo (and other offending content) [ In reply to ]
On 02:27 Mon 28 Apr , Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Sunday 27 April 2008, Santiago M. Mola wrote:
> > Anyway, next time I'll use @-project, and let's see if someone
> > actually cares about that mailing list.
>
> unfortunately (fortunately?), that's the way the Gentoo community wants it.
> gentoo-dev is for development only. any non-development stuff goes to the
> gentoo-project list. you're most likely right there are a lot less people
> subscribed there, but that is because the people who arent subscribed there
> dont care about non-development issues.
>
> even if there may be a set of people not on the -project list but on the -dev
> list, and they have an opinion on this particular topic, putting the thread
> here is not appropriate. if they truly care, they can signup, fetch the
> relevant mails from the archive, and respond.

Here's one way to help get some more attention for the discussion you
want to have, even if it's on a list with a smaller audience. As with
any other topic, feel free to post a pointer on gentoo-dev-announce to
tell people:

what (the topic),
when (when you will start the discussion), and
where (the list/channel).

As long as it is an announcement (and not an opinion), -dev-announce
should be a good place.

Thanks,
Donnie