Mailing List Archive

retirement
Hi folks,

I've decided to retire as a Gentoo dev.

I've been a dev for almost exactly 3 years as part of the Haskell team.
I was team leader for a year or so. I managed to recruit kolmodin a
couple years ago and handed team leadership over to him a few months
ago. It's now his turn to recruit some more people to keep the Haskell
team well staffed.

My decision is based on real world time commitments. I'm in the late
stages of writing up my PhD thesis and I've recently started a Haskell
consultancy company <shameless-plug href="www.well-typed.com"/>. I don't
intend to do much less work packaging but I intend to shift my focus
from Gentoo packaging to the central Haskell packaging infrastructure
http://hackage.haskell.org/. All QA improvements there benefit Gentoo.
I'll still have commit access to the haskell overlay and to the hackport
tool for automatically converting packages hackage->portage. I'll still
be in #gentoo-haskell if you want to find me.

I'd like to thank everyone for being welcoming and friendly and
answering my stupid questions. Thanks especially to the arch teams for
all the time they put in for us in testing and stabilising Haskell
packages on such a wide range of platforms. I feel I should also
apologise to jer for constantly breaking ghc on hppa ;-). Thanks also to
jakub for his work filtering and redirecting bugs to us, along with the
occasional helpful insight.

Best of luck everyone.

--
Duncan Coutts : (ex-)Gentoo Developer (Haskell team)

Re: retirement [ In reply to ]
Re: retirement [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 11:22:14 +0100
Duncan Coutts <dcoutts@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Thanks especially to the arch teams for all the time they put in for
> us in testing and stabilising Haskell packages on such a wide range
> of platforms. I feel I should also apologise to jer for constantly
> breaking ghc on hppa ;-).

That's OK. I like to think we were having fun. :)

Kind regards,
JeR