Mailing List Archive

Good-bye
Dear Gentoo Devs and Users,

The time has finally come for me to resign from Gentoo. I've been
meaning to do it for many months now, but the logistics took a little
bit of time. Effective Monday, Nov. 26, I will no longer consider
myself an official Gentoo developer. Before then I will make commits to
two or so packages for which James Rowe is the official maintainer and I
was his proxy. Justin Bronder (jsbronder) has agreed to take over the
proxy maintainership for them.

I've been here a long time and I've made many many friends (and, I
suppose, a few enemies). For both, I'm grateful. There are too many
people to thank -- you all know who you are :P.

I'll be subscribed to this list for a while, and of course, I'll still
be on IRC in various channels. For those of you wishing to maintain
email contact with me, I can be reached at: seemant (at) kulleen (dot)
org

I hope that the fun in Gentoo will return soon. It certainly seems like
there's been a positive tide turning as of late, so I leave with
optimism.

Be well, everyone.

Thanks,

Seemant

Re: Good-bye [ In reply to ]
you will be missed by many and myself. wish you well on your next venture.

Fernando A.K.A likewhoa

Re: Good-bye [ In reply to ]
Seemant Kulleen wrote:
> Dear Gentoo Devs and Users,
>
> The time has finally come for me to resign from Gentoo. I've been
> meaning to do it for many months now, but the logistics took a little
> bit of time. Effective Monday, Nov. 26, I will no longer consider
> myself an official Gentoo developer. Before then I will make commits to
> two or so packages for which James Rowe is the official maintainer and I
> was his proxy. Justin Bronder (jsbronder) has agreed to take over the
> proxy maintainership for them.
>
> I've been here a long time and I've made many many friends (and, I
> suppose, a few enemies). For both, I'm grateful. There are too many
> people to thank -- you all know who you are :P.
>
> I'll be subscribed to this list for a while, and of course, I'll still
> be on IRC in various channels. For those of you wishing to maintain
> email contact with me, I can be reached at: seemant (at) kulleen (dot)
> org
>
> I hope that the fun in Gentoo will return soon. It certainly seems like
> there's been a positive tide turning as of late, so I leave with
> optimism.
>
> Be well, everyone.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Seemant

Bye, Seemant. You're one cool dude; you made Gentoo fun for me. See you
'round, I hope!
Re: Good-bye [ In reply to ]

Seemant Kulleen wrote:
> Dear Gentoo Devs and Users,
>
> The time has finally come for me to resign from Gentoo. I've been
> meaning to do it for many months now, but the logistics took a little
> bit of time. Effective Monday, Nov. 26, I will no longer consider
> myself an official Gentoo developer. Before then I will make commits to
> two or so packages for which James Rowe is the official maintainer and I
> was his proxy. Justin Bronder (jsbronder) has agreed to take over the
> proxy maintainership for them.
>
> I've been here a long time and I've made many many friends (and, I
> suppose, a few enemies). For both, I'm grateful. There are too many
> people to thank -- you all know who you are :P.

:(

Where's Uncle Seemant when we need him to convince someone to stay on
Gentoo? Uncle Seemant, please have a little talk with Seemant.

> I'll be subscribed to this list for a while, and of course, I'll still
> be on IRC in various channels. For those of you wishing to maintain
> email contact with me, I can be reached at: seemant (at) kulleen (dot)
> org
>
> I hope that the fun in Gentoo will return soon. It certainly seems like
> there's been a positive tide turning as of late, so I leave with
> optimism.
>
> Be well, everyone.

Seemant, it was a pleasure to talk with you and I will certainly miss
your presence around here. Best wishes for your future endeavours. I do
hope the Gentoo bug catches you soon again, though ;-)

> Thanks,
>
> Seemant

Be well!

- --

Gentoo- forums / Userrel / SPARC
Re: Good-bye [ In reply to ]
On 12:39 Sat 24 Nov , Seemant Kulleen wrote:
> The time has finally come for me to resign from Gentoo. I've been
> meaning to do it for many months now, but the logistics took a little
> bit of time. Effective Monday, Nov. 26, I will no longer consider
> myself an official Gentoo developer. Before then I will make commits to
> two or so packages for which James Rowe is the official maintainer and I
> was his proxy. Justin Bronder (jsbronder) has agreed to take over the
> proxy maintainership for them.
>
> I've been here a long time and I've made many many friends (and, I
> suppose, a few enemies). For both, I'm grateful. There are too many
> people to thank -- you all know who you are :P.
>
> I'll be subscribed to this list for a while, and of course, I'll still
> be on IRC in various channels. For those of you wishing to maintain
> email contact with me, I can be reached at: seemant (at) kulleen (dot)
> org
>
> I hope that the fun in Gentoo will return soon. It certainly seems like
> there's been a positive tide turning as of late, so I leave with
> optimism.

Seemant,

You've been a great role model ever since I joined Gentoo under your
mentorship. I've learned a lot from you, and your influence has shaped
both me and Gentoo as a whole.

Thanks for all the fun. I look forward to bringing it to a new
generation of Gentoo's community.

Donnie
Re: Good-bye [ In reply to ]
Seemant,

On Nov 24, 2007 6:39 PM, Seemant Kulleen <seemant@gentoo.org> wrote:
> The time has finally come for me to resign from Gentoo. I've been
> meaning to do it for many months now, but the logistics took a little
> bit of time. Effective Monday, Nov. 26, I will no longer consider
> myself an official Gentoo developer.

This would have been a shock if we hadn't discussed this a few months
ago already. Gentoo will miss you, and I will miss you. You were one
of the unfortunately rare among us who could see and care about the
human being that a dev is.

Take care. I'll see you around on irc.

Denis.
Re: Good-bye [ In reply to ]
Seemant Kulleen wrote:
> The time has finally come for me to resign from Gentoo.
A sad day for Gentoo :-(
May the Force be with you!
Re: Good-bye [ In reply to ]
On 2007.11.24 17:39, Seemant Kulleen wrote:
> Dear Gentoo Devs and Users,
>
> The time has finally come for me to resign from Gentoo. [snip]
> Thanks,
>
> Seemant

Seemant,

Take care and good luck to you and yours for the future.

Regards,

Roy Bamford
(NeddySeagoon)

Re: Good-bye [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Nov 24, 2007 at 12:39:20PM -0500, Seemant Kulleen wrote:
> Effective Monday, Nov. 26, I will no longer consider
> myself an official Gentoo developer.

Well, i hope you'll consider yourself a retired Gentoo
developer. ;-)

Good luck to you in the future!

cheers,
Wernfried

--
Wernfried Haas (amne) - amne (at) gentoo.org
Gentoo Forums - http://forums.gentoo.org
Re: Good-bye [ In reply to ]
On Nov 24, 2007 6:39 PM, Seemant Kulleen <seemant@gentoo.org> wrote:
> The time has finally come for me to resign from Gentoo. I've been
> meaning to do it for many months now, but the logistics took a little
> bit of time.

Seemant

Good luck with your future endeavors. If you ever come over to
Belgium, be sure to contact me so I can guide you around a bit and we
can have a nice talk with some good beers ;-) It seems like Gentoo is
undergoing a generation switch - many of the elderly are taking on
less responsibilities (or even retire) to give place to the energetic
new developers ;-)

Anyway, have fun and we'll sure see you around!

Wkr,
Sven Vermeulen
Re: Good-bye [ In reply to ]
I wanted to add this bit of info, sorry:

Despite my efforts, I've been unable to find any replacements to take
over kerberos maintenance. Obviously, heimdal has been unmaintained for
even longer, but mit-krb5 is now orphaned as well. I would encourage
interested devs or interested users to see about taking care of those
packages.

Thanks,

Seemant

Re: Good-bye [ In reply to ]
On 24/11/07 12:39 -0500, Seemant Kulleen wrote:
> Dear Gentoo Devs and Users,
>
> The time has finally come for me to resign from Gentoo. I've been
> meaning to do it for many months now, but the logistics took a little
> bit of time. Effective Monday, Nov. 26, I will no longer consider
> myself an official Gentoo developer. Before then I will make commits to
> two or so packages for which James Rowe is the official maintainer and I
> was his proxy. Justin Bronder (jsbronder) has agreed to take over the
> proxy maintainership for them.
>
> I've been here a long time and I've made many many friends (and, I
> suppose, a few enemies). For both, I'm grateful. There are too many
> people to thank -- you all know who you are :P.

Dear Grandpa (yes, yes .. I know Neddy is even older then you!), I'd
really like to thank you for all the things you helped me with (and you
helped a lot).

I'd like to wish you all the best from the bottom of my heart for your
further adventures. Above all, have fun!

Regards,

Christian
Re: Good-bye [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 25 November 2007, Seemant Kulleen wrote:
> I wanted to add this bit of info, sorry:
>
> Despite my efforts, I've been unable to find any replacements to take
> over kerberos maintenance. Obviously, heimdal has been unmaintained for
> even longer, but mit-krb5 is now orphaned as well. I would encourage
> interested devs or interested users to see about taking care of those
> packages.
I bet the security team would also be grateful for someone taking care of
kerberos.

Best of luck to you Seemant.

--
Sune Kloppenborg Jeppesen
Gentoo Linux Security Team
Re: Good-bye [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 2007-11-25 at 16:31 +0100, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
> It seems like Gentoo is
> undergoing a generation switch - many of the elderly are taking on
> less responsibilities (or even retire) to give place to the energetic
> new developers ;-)
Yay for kids! :D

Bai bai seemant :( I don't think I ever got to know you as well as a
probably should've... Too busy being a kid, I suppose :P

welp
Re: Good-bye [ In reply to ]
There is no away to describe the amount of fun it has been working with you and
reading your inputs into the future of Gentoo. I hope you will continue to keep
your eyes open for this children of yours.

Best of luck for you future endeavors.

--
Gustavo Felisberto
(HumpBack)
Re: Good-bye [ In reply to ]
Seemant Kulleen wrote:

> Dear Gentoo Devs and Users,
> The time has finally come for me to resign from Gentoo. I've been

Seemant,

Thanks a lot for everything you've done for Gentoo. It's been really
amazing to have you around and you'll be missed. Take care my friend and
do stick around on IRC.

PS : Aam chahiye kya? :)

Note : The above line means "Do you want a Mango?" in Hindi. If any of
you *ever* meet Seemant, don't forget to ask him this :D

May the force be with you!

--
Shyam Mani | <fox2mike@gentoo.org>
docs-team | http://gdp.gentoo.org
Re: Good-bye [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2007-12-25 at 15:51 +0800, Shyam Mani wrote:
> PS : Aam chahiye kya? :)
>
> Note : The above line means "Do you want a Mango?" in Hindi. If any of
> you *ever* meet Seemant, don't forget to ask him this :D

It's what he does with it that scares me o_O ;)

Roy