Mailing List Archive

irregular metdata.xml check
Hi all,

welcome to the second issue of the irregular metadata.xml check.

Did you know that only 16% of all packages in the tree do not belong to
any herd (ie. <herd>no-herd</herd>). Nevertheless, as no-herd is not a
nice place to be, perhaps your herd can adopt a package or two. If you
get really lucky you even get a dev with the deal - for free!

Herds with no email
===================

As robbat2 points out, in order to allow for automatic bug assignment all
herds need to have an email address. The following herds do not have an
email address specified in herds.xml.

herd without email: comm-fax
herd without email: dev-tools
herd without email: haskell
herd without email: common-lisp
herd without email: secure-tunneling
herd without email: ia64-kernel
herd without email: middle-east
herd without email: arm
herd without email: lang-misc
herd without email: s390
herd without email: sh

Statistics

Total number of packages: 11684

metadata.xml missing 0
<herd> missing 2
<herd> empty 0
<herd> unknown 0
<herd>=no-herd 1887

<maintainer> missing 6611
<maintainer> retired 0
<maintainer> is a herd 1300
<maintainer> unknown 201
<maintainer>=maintainer-needed 438

Proxy maintainer without gentoo association 13
Unmaintained packages 602

As always, the full metadata-check.log is available from [1].
The script used to generate the log can be found at [2].

Feedback welcome.
Kind regards
Thilo

[1] Full metadata-check.log
http://dev.gentoo.org/~bangert/metadata-check.log
[2] Metadata checking script.
http://overlays.gentoo.org/dev/bangert/browser/scripts/check-metadata.rb
Re: irregular metdata.xml check [ In reply to ]
Thilo Bangert wrote:
[great stuff here]

Thanks for your useful work Thilo :)

/me tips hat

RĂ©mi
Re: irregular metdata.xml check [ In reply to ]
Re: irregular metdata.xml check [ In reply to ]
Marijn Schouten (hkBst) kirjoitti:
> Thilo Bangert wrote:
>> <maintainer> is a herd 1300
>
> These seem intentional. Is there anything wrong with it?
>
> Marijn

Yes. You use the <herd> element to mark herds.

Regards,
Petteri
Re: irregular metdata.xml check [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 11:26:27AM +0300, Petteri R??ty wrote:
> Marijn Schouten (hkBst) kirjoitti:
> > Thilo Bangert wrote:
> >> <maintainer> is a herd 1300
> > These seem intentional. Is there anything wrong with it?
> Yes. You use the <herd> element to mark herds.
I do see a valid usage case for a herd to be in the maintainers with a
<role> element, but certainly those that add no value should be moved to
herd only.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux Developer & Council Member
Re: irregular metdata.xml check [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Jun 11, 2007 at 01:41:30AM +0200, Thilo Bangert wrote:
> Herds with no email
>
> As robbat2 points out, in order to allow for automatic bug assignment all
> herds need to have an email address. The following herds do not have an
> email address specified in herds.xml.
>
> herd without email: lang-misc

Fixed now.