Mailing List Archive

Retiring (Was Re: Living in a bubble [gentoo-proctor] Warning^2)
Re: Retiring (Was Re: Living in a bubble [gentoo-proctor] Warning^2) [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2007-06-05 at 15:43 -0600, Jason Wever wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Jun 2007, Wernfried Haas wrote:
>
> > So far we have temporarily suspended both ciaran's and geoman's account
> > from posting and encourage everyone to do as Roy initially suggested.
>
> Regardless of whether their postings are viewed as useful or not, this
> action has gone too far in my opinion. As Gentoo now appears to condone
> this type of behavior when "dealing" with what are perceived to be
> problems, I no longer wish to be a part of Gentoo.
>
> While at this point there is very little chance of anyone convincing me to
> return, I hope that the people who can still derive enjoyment from Gentoo
> continue to do so.
>
> Infra, please remove my accounts at your earliest convenience.

Jason,

If you leave, the plants win.

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering Strategic Lead
Re: Retiring (Was Re: Living in a bubble [gentoo-proctor] Warning^2) [ In reply to ]
Chris Gianelloni wrote:
> Jason,
>
> If you leave, the plants win.

That has just made my day.

Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
Re: Retiring (Was Re: Living in a bubble [gentoo-proctor] Warning^2) [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2007-06-05 at 15:43 -0600, Jason Wever wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Jun 2007, Wernfried Haas wrote:
>
> > So far we have temporarily suspended both ciaran's and geoman's account
> > from posting and encourage everyone to do as Roy initially suggested.
>
> Regardless of whether their postings are viewed as useful or not, this
> action has gone too far in my opinion. As Gentoo now appears to condone
> this type of behavior when "dealing" with what are perceived to be
> problems, I no longer wish to be a part of Gentoo.
>
> While at this point there is very little chance of anyone convincing me to
> return, I hope that the people who can still derive enjoyment from Gentoo
> continue to do so.
>
> Infra, please remove my accounts at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for the work you've put into Gentoo Jason, and for the chance
I've had to get to know you. I have a great deal of respect for you and
I wish you all the best for the future. Don't be a stranger.

Christelx
Re: Retiring (Was Re: Living in a bubble [gentoo-proctor] Warning^2) [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 15:43:49 -0600 (MDT)