Mailing List Archive

Flourish
Hello Gentelmen,

I wanted to cover two things. I'm setting up a conference in Chicago
called Flourish, I've included the main email I forwarded to other lists at
the bottom of this email, I was wondering if gentoo wanted to be represented
or make an appearance at the event. I'm not sure where all the gentoo dev's
are located, I'm sure we have some all over the place. Of course one way or
another, everyone in the gentoo community, as well as FLOSS is invited to
attend.

We have an opening event on Friday where everyone who wants can setup tables
to collect resumes, show-case a product or whatever they desire. We're also
trying to setup a battle of the distros. Which should be layed back fun
time just spend 10 minutes saying why distro X is the best and we have a
vote from the audience etc.

Either ways, if gentoo is interested in participating please contact me
directly.

--
Samir
PS. if too off-topic for this list, I apologize.

------------
Hello everyone,

For those who aren't aware, Flourish is a conference being hosted
at UIC that will be focusing on Free and Open Source software. I've
included the original Open Invite in this email, and if you have an
interest please visit the website for more info.
( http://www.flourishconf.com).

The event will be free for anyone to attend (who pre-registers). For
anyone who doesn't register there will be a $10 fee.

Also, IF (big if) we do get t-shirts for the event, those who register
get complimentary t-shirts, those who don't will be able to purchase
one if we have any left over.

If you're planning to attend, please register at:

http://www.flourishconf.com/registration.php