Mailing List Archive

bugs.gentoo.org migration - completed!
On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 02:54:24PM -0800, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> This is tentatively scheduled to start at 02h00 UTC on 6th January 2007.
> I am estimating 3 hours for all of it, but I hope to have it done is
> less than that.
And we're done!

Some delays were experienced getting it up (total migration time
4h20mins), but everything is up and good now.

Two specific changes for everybody to aware of (I'm mentioning them here
because I expect to get questions about them).
- Bug numbers are no longer guaranteed to be contiguous - this is an
unfortunate side effect of the load-balancing.
- There are some forms that may appear be presented to you while you are
not logged in, and if you use them, it will prompt for a login after
you submit. (Your submission should not be lost).

If you have any problems, please file a bug in the Bugzilla product.

Thanks to myself, kingtaco, ramereth, solar, jforman and cshields for
all playing a part of getting this together so far!

A special thank you to our sponsor GNi (gni.com) for the hardware.
I hear there will be an article on them in an upcoming GWN.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux Developer
bugs.gentoo.org migration - completed! [ In reply to ]
Another note, there were 97 emails that had gotten queued up in
Bugzilla, and never sent, but they are flushed out now, so a few people
will see some emails dating back as far as Feb 2006 coming out.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux Developer
Re: bugs.gentoo.org migration - completed! [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Jan 06, 2007 at 12:27:31AM -0800, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> And we're done!

> Thanks to myself, kingtaco, ramereth, solar, jforman and cshields for
> all playing a part of getting this together so far!
>
> A special thank you to our sponsor GNi (gni.com) for the hardware.
> I hear there will be an article on them in an upcoming GWN.

That's great news, thanks everyone!

cheers,
Wernfried

--
Wernfried Haas (amne) - amne at gentoo dot org
Gentoo Forums: http://forums.gentoo.org
Re: bugs.gentoo.org migration - completed! -THANKYOU [ In reply to ]
> Thanks to myself, kingtaco, ramereth, solar, jforman and cshields for
> all playing a part of getting this together so far!
>
> A special thank you to our sponsor GNi (gni.com) for the hardware.
> I hear there will be an article on them in an upcoming GWN.

Thankyou all,

You've spent many hours working towards a smooth transition and this has
occurred really smoothly (as far as I have seen).

I've noticed the usage of bugs.gentoo.org is now, dare i say it,
pleasureable :-).

Thankyou again GNI for your hardware.

--
Daniel Black <dragonheart@gentoo.org>
Gentoo Foundation
Re: [gentoo-core] Re: bugs.gentoo.org migration - completed! -THANKYOU [ In reply to ]
I was amazed this morning when I clicked on a bug link in my email, and
then clicked over to the browser. The bug page had (gasp!) *already
loaded*!! That's amazing, I've never seen our bugzilla do that ever.

Thanks infra, corey and GNi
--
Seemant Kulleen
Developer, Gentoo Linux