Mailing List Archive

Last-rites: telepathy related packages
On Freitag, 25. November 2022 04:24:15 MESZ Matt Turner wrote:
> GNOME 43 will no longer need these packages. They seem to be in varying
> states of decay upstream.
>
> - net-im/telepathy-connection-managers
> - net-libs/farstream
> - net-libs/sofia-sip
> - net-libs/telepathy-farstream
> - net-voip/telepathy-gabble
> - net-voip/telepathy-rakia
> - net-voip/telepathy-salut
>
> [...]
>
> I've dropped gnome@ as a maintainer of all of these packages.

# Andreas Sturmlechner <asturm@gentoo.org> (2024-04-06)
# Dead upstream for many years, in a state of decay and no revdeps.
# Removal on 2024-05-06. Bug #926193
net-im/telepathy-connection-managers
net-libs/sofia-sip
net-libs/telepathy-accounts-signon
net-libs/telepathy-farstream
net-libs/telepathy-qt
net-voip/telepathy-gabble
net-voip/telepathy-rakia
net-voip/telepathy-salut

Note: This is leaving net-libs/farstream in ::gentoo since there are revdeps,
both also unmaintained though:

- net-im/gajim[jingle]
- x11-plugins/pidgin-sipe[voice]
Re: Last-rites: telepathy related packages [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 2024-04-06 at 21:20 +0200, Andreas Sturmlechner wrote:

> # Andreas Sturmlechner <asturm@gentoo.org> (2024-04-06)
> # Dead upstream for many years, in a state of decay and no revdeps.
> # Removal on 2024-05-06.  Bug #926193
> net-libs/sofia-sip

This package also has open security bugs. I've added the relevant bug
to the mask message.

Hans