Mailing List Archive

More packages up for grabs due to developer inactivity
Hello,

The following packages are also left with no maintainer:

app-admin/tmpreaper
app-arch/dpkg
app-arch/pigz
app-benchmarks/hyperfine
app-crypt/minisign
app-misc/binwalk
app-misc/cmatrix
app-misc/lsx
app-misc/tty-clock
app-shells/fish
app-shells/ksh
app-shells/kshdb
dev-cpp/abseil-cpp
dev-libs/mimetic
dev-python/grpcio
dev-python/grpcio-testing
dev-python/grpcio-tools
dev-python/loguru
dev-python/reflink
dev-python/semver
dev-util/bear
dev-util/bingrep
dev-util/debootstrap
dev-util/google-perftools
dev-util/sccache
dev-util/schroot
dev-util/shellcheck-bin
kde-misc/bismuth
media-fonts/solarize
media-gfx/sxiv
net-fs/ksmbd-tools
net-mail/notmuch
net-misc/proxychains
sec-keys/openpgp-keys-weechat
sys-apps/etckeeper
sys-apps/fd
sys-apps/ipmi-fan-control
sys-apps/lsd
sys-apps/ripgrep
sys-fs/sandboxfs
sys-fs/zfs-auto-snapshot
sys-power/intel-undervolt
sys-process/bashtop
sys-process/minicoredumper
www-plugins/passff-host
x11-misc/dmenu
x11-misc/lsw
x11-misc/sent
x11-misc/slock
x11-misc/tabbed
x11-misc/tdrop
x11-misc/wmname
x11-misc/xssstate
x11-misc/xwallpaper
x11-terms/yeahconsole
x11-themes/tela-icon-theme
x11-wm/dwm

--
Best regards,
Micha? Górny
Re: More packages up for grabs due to developer inactivity [ In reply to ]
Am Mittwoch, 14. Februar 2024, 11:38:49 CET schrieb Micha? Górny:
> kde-misc/bismuth

This package can be considered dead since KDE introduced a new Tiling
API [1] with Plasma 5.27, although there minimal development ongoing.

Gerion

[1] https://github.com/Bismuth-Forge/bismuth/issues/471#issuecomment-1410969462
Re: More packages up for grabs due to developer inactivity [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 14 Feb 2024 11:38:49 +0100
Micha? Górny <mgorny@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The following packages are also left with no maintainer:
>
> x11-misc/dmenu
> x11-misc/slock
> x11-terms/yeahconsole

I use these and am willing to maintain them, but I don't think they
really need any changes either.
Re: More packages up for grabs due to developer inactivity [ In reply to ]
On 2024-02-14 10:38, Micha? Górny wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The following packages are also left with no maintainer:
>
> x11-misc/dmenu
> x11-wm/dwm

Does this mean I should expect last-rites and should add them to my
overlay?

--
Linux-gentoo-x86_64-Intel-R-_Core-TM-_i5-7400_CPU_@_3.00GHz

COMMON_FLAGS="-O3 -pipe -march=native -fno-stack-protector
-ftree-vectorize -ffast-math -funswitch-loops -fuse-linker-plugin -flto
-fdevirtualize-at-ltrans -fno-plt -fno-semantic-interposition
-falign-functions=64 -fgraphite-identity -floop-nest-optimize"

USE="-* git verify-sig rsync-verify man alsa X grub ssl ipv6 lto
libressl olde-gentoo asm native-symlinks threads jit jumbo-build minimal
strip system-man"

INSTALL_MASK="/etc/systemd /lib/systemd /usr/lib/systemd
/usr/lib/modules-load.d /usr/lib/tmpfiles.d *tmpfiles* /var/lib/dbus
/lib/udev /usr/share/icons /usr/share/applications
/usr/share/gtk-3.0/emoji"
Re: More packages up for grabs due to developer inactivity [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Feb 14, 2024 at 03:25:43PM +0000, stefan11111 wrote:
> On 2024-02-14 10:38, Micha? Górny wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > The following packages are also left with no maintainer:
> >
> > x11-misc/dmenu
> > x11-wm/dwm
>
> Does this mean I should expect last-rites and should add them to my
> overlay?

No.
--
ionen
Re: More packages up for grabs due to developer inactivity [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2024-02-14 at 11:38 +0100, Micha? Górny wrote:
> > app-arch/pigz
> > app-crypt/minisign
> sys-apps/fd
> sys-apps/lsd
> sys-apps/ripgrep

I'll take these.

> > dev-python/loguru
> > dev-python/reflink
> > dev-python/semver

Python will take these.

--
Best regards,
Micha? Górny
Re: More packages up for grabs due to developer inactivity [ In reply to ]
On 2024-02-14, mgorny said:

> The following packages are also left with no maintainer:
> app-misc/binwalk

I use this, I can p-m it.

However, upstream seems partly, if not mostly dead (last PR merged was a
year ago, only 3 merged in the last ~2.5 years, 50+ outstanding PRs,
100+ outstanding issues). There's some more active forks, but none that
has yet unambiguously taken over the project. I'd welcome guidance on
when to decide to switch forks in SRC_URI vs carrying around
cherry-picked patches in files/.

If there's a GLEP covering this scenario I couldn't find it; offlist
would be fine unless my inability to Google is a useful learning moment
for others.

Hank Leininger <hlein@korelogic.com>
8428 ED14 5268 C727 0C48 F454 846F 0637 5FEB 1612
Re: More packages up for grabs due to developer inactivity [ In reply to ]
Am 14.02.2024 um 11:38 schrieb Micha? Górny:
> app-misc/tty-clock
> x11-misc/dmenu
> x11-misc/lsw

I will take those packages.

Anyone who wants to co-maintain is welcome.

Conrad
Re: More packages up for grabs due to developer inactivity [ In reply to ]
On 2024-02-14, mgorny wrote:

> The following packages are also left with no maintainer:
> net-misc/proxychains

I can p-m this.

Re: More packages up for grabs due to developer inactivity [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Feb 14, 2024 at 11:38:49AM +0100, Micha? Górny wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The following packages are also left with no maintainer:
>
> dev-util/shellcheck-bin

I'll take this, not that I have any interest in the non-bin variant.
--
ionen
Re: More packages up for grabs due to developer inactivity [ In reply to ]
Hi,

> sys-apps/ripgrep

I'll take this as I use the program regularly anyway.

Zoltan