Mailing List Archive

Packages up for grabs due to developer inactivity
The following packages are now looking for a new maintainer, due to
their prior maintainer being inactive:

acct-group/buildbot
acct-group/dnsdist
acct-group/turnserver
acct-user/buildbot
acct-user/dnsdist
acct-user/turnserver
app-admin/bitwarden-desktop-bin
app-admin/keepass
app-doc/mathjax-docs
app-misc/asciinema
app-misc/timew-report
app-misc/ytree
app-text/ansifilter
dev-cpp/libodb
dev-cpp/libodb-sqlite
dev-games/tiled
dev-java/sbt
dev-lang/teyjus
dev-libs/mathjax
dev-libs/redis-ipc
dev-ml/ppx_cold
dev-ml/ppx_fixed_literal
dev-ml/ppx_module_timer
dev-ml/ppx_stable
dev-ml/ppx_string
dev-ml/time_now
dev-python/keep
dev-python/txrequests
dev-util/build2
dev-util/cccc
dev-util/gitchangelog
dev-util/gource
dev-util/howdoi
dev-util/repolite
dev-util/rpmdevtools
media-fonts/ttf-bitstream-vera
media-gfx/evoluspencil
media-sound/mp3diags
net-analyzer/testssl
net-dns/dnsdist
net-im/coturn
sci-mathematics/twelf
sys-apps/msr-tools
sys-firmware/iwl3160-7260-bt-ucode
sys-firmware/iwl3160-ucode
sys-firmware/iwl7260-ucode
sys-fs/dislocker
x11-misc/cdm
x11-terms/wezterm

--
Best regards,
Micha? Górny
Re: Packages up for grabs due to developer inactivity [ In reply to ]

> The following packages are now looking for a new maintainer, due to
> their prior maintainer being inactive:

> sys-firmware/iwl3160-7260-bt-ucode
> sys-firmware/iwl3160-ucode
> sys-firmware/iwl7260-ucode

These should be treecleaned, because sys-kernel/linux-firmware installs
newer versions of these files. See [1] for the first package and [2] for
the two others.

[1] https://bugs.gentoo.org/632402
[2] https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/commit/?id=f9e0b9f3d138f7423dcb3b6c279ad63ea43d17ca
Re: Packages up for grabs due to developer inactivity [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2024-02-14 at 10:49 +0100, Micha? Górny wrote:
> app-misc/asciinema
> app-text/ansifilter

I'll take these.

> dev-python/txrequests

Python will take this one.

> dev-util/build2

I think we'll last rite it, seems to be a NIH build system with no
revdeps.

--
Best regards,
Micha? Górny
Re: Packages up for grabs due to developer inactivity [ In reply to ]
On 2/14/24 4:49 AM, Micha? Górny wrote:
> app-doc/mathjax-docs
> dev-libs/mathjax

I can take mathjax as I need it for calibre. I suppose I can take the
docs while I'm at it although I have no use for it personally...

--
Eli Schwartz
Re: Packages up for grabs due to developer inactivity [ In reply to ]
On 2024-02-14 10:49, Micha? Górny wrote:

> net-dns/dnsdist

I can proxymaint this since I occasionally report bugs/contribute to upstream.
Will open a maintainer PR and version bump soon-ish.

cheers
Holger
Re: Re: Packages up for grabs due to developer inactivity [ In reply to ]
On 2/17/24 21:39, Holger Hoffstätte wrote:
> On 2024-02-14 10:49, Micha? Górny wrote:
>
>> net-dns/dnsdist
>
> I can proxymaint this since I occasionally report bugs/contribute to
> upstream.
> Will open a maintainer PR and version bump soon-ish.

Thanks Holger, but I'm not retired and will retake maintainership of
dnsdist.

I'm already working on the 1.9 release...

Feel free to contact me if you have any enhancements for it.

Br

Andreas