Mailing List Archive

sys-devel/autoconf wrong dependency?
With the move of sys-devel/autoconf to dev-build/autoconf the ebuild
has some inconsistency, namely in the RDEPEND section, it is saying:

RDEPEND="
${BDEPEND}
>=dev-build/autoconf-wrapper-20231224
sys-devel/gnuconfig
!~sys-devel/${P}:2.5
"

This should probably be `!~dev-build/${P}:2.5`. It shows up in the
following as a problem:
emerge -auvDN --changed-deps=y --with-bdeps=y @world # --> merges autoconf-2.72-r1

Now:
emaint --fix all # --> fixes dependency from sys-devel/autoconf to dev-build/autoconf

and again a full system update:
emerge -auvDN --changed-deps=y --with-bdeps=y @world # --> merges autoconf-2.72-r1

This would want to again install autoconf, due to the changed-deps flag.

I am quite sure that this is not the intended behaviour, or is it?

Best
Andreas
Re: sys-devel/autoconf wrong dependency? [ In reply to ]
On 1/31/24 04:56, Andreas Fink wrote:
> With the move of sys-devel/autoconf to dev-build/autoconf the ebuild
> has some inconsistency, namely in the RDEPEND section, it is saying:
>
> RDEPEND="
> ${BDEPEND}
> >=dev-build/autoconf-wrapper-20231224
> sys-devel/gnuconfig
> !~sys-devel/${P}:2.5
> "
>
> This should probably be `!~dev-build/${P}:2.5`. It shows up in the
> following as a problem:
> emerge -auvDN --changed-deps=y --with-bdeps=y @world # --> merges autoconf-2.72-r1
>
> Now:
> emaint --fix all # --> fixes dependency from sys-devel/autoconf to dev-build/autoconf
>
> and again a full system update:
> emerge -auvDN --changed-deps=y --with-bdeps=y @world # --> merges autoconf-2.72-r1
>
> This would want to again install autoconf, due to the changed-deps flag.
>
> I am quite sure that this is not the intended behaviour, or is it?
>
> Best
> Andreas

Yeah, that's not intended. Reported as https://bugs.gentoo.org/923424.
Zac
Re: sys-devel/autoconf wrong dependency? [ In reply to ]

> With the move of sys-devel/autoconf to dev-build/autoconf the ebuild
> has some inconsistency, namely in the RDEPEND section, it is saying:

> RDEPEND="
> ${BDEPEND}
>> =dev-build/autoconf-wrapper-20231224
> sys-devel/gnuconfig
> !~sys-devel/${P}:2.5
> "

> This should probably be `!~dev-build/${P}:2.5`. [...]

No, it should be ${CATEGORY}/${P} when referring to the package itself.
That's what these variables are for.

Ulrich