Mailing List Archive

[ANN] find-work utility: discover ebuilds to improve
TL;DR:

Install:
# eselect repository enable guru && emaint sync -r guru
# emerge dev-util/find-work

Browse documentation:
$ xdg-open https://find-work.sysrq.in/
$ man find-work

Backstory
---------

I used to be very active in ::guru, trying to fix every bug. This led me
to a burnout, so after some months of rest I decided to care only about
packages that are actually installed on my system.

I used a couple of scripts for that, and after writing yet another one I
realized they have a common purpose: fetch all available work and filter
it to show only things I will be interested in.

That's how this utility was born.

What's next?

v0.3.0 has initial support for Repology, Bugzilla and
packages.gentoo.org as data sources. It can filter results by installed
status and/or by maintainer email.

However the development can't move forward without your feedback, so I
encourage you to report bug and feature requests on my bugzilla, chat
rooms or via email.

Everyone is also welcome to contribute.