Mailing List Archive

New Forums Staff : NeddySeagoon
Hi everyone,

Please take a moment to welcome our latest addition to the Forums gang,
Roy Bamford aka NeddySeagoon.

NeddySeagoon (by day) is an Avionics Systems Engeineer with over 40
years experiance of playing with computers, something he started in
1963 by learning Algol for an Elliot 503. Although he is not really into
coding, he has written assembly level stuff for all sorts of now
obsolete processors.

His first personal computer was a home made APPLE. Back then, when he
purchased it, he had to shell out about 315 UK Pounds for a 140kb floppy
drive!

He loves to fix things that aren't broken.

Most of our regulars on IRC might have already seen Neddy on #gentoo,
and it is with great pleasure that I welcome him into the Gentoo family!

Have fun Neddy, and when/where's the party? :)

Shyam Mani | <fox2mike@gentoo.org>
docs-team | http://gdp.gentoo.org
GPG Key | 0xFDD0E345
Re: New Forums Staff : NeddySeagoon [ In reply to ]
On 2006.05.28 20:09, Shyam Mani wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Please take a moment to welcome our latest addition to the Forums
> gang,
> Roy Bamford aka NeddySeagoon.
>
> NeddySeagoon (by day) is an Avionics Systems Engeineer with over 40
> years experiance of playing with computers, something he started in
> 1963 by learning Algol for an Elliot 503. Although he is not really
> into
> coding, he has written assembly level stuff for all sorts of now
> obsolete processors.
>
> His first personal computer was a home made APPLE. Back then, when he
> purchased it, he had to shell out about 315 UK Pounds for a 140kb
> floppy
> drive!
>
> He loves to fix things that aren't broken.
>
> Most of our regulars on IRC might have already seen Neddy on #gentoo,
> and it is with great pleasure that I welcome him into the Gentoo
> family!
>
> Have fun Neddy, and when/where's the party? :)
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Shyam Mani | <fox2mike@gentoo.org>
> docs-team | http://gdp.gentoo.org
> GPG Key | 0xFDD0E345

fox2mike,

Thank you for the intro,

If the Gentoo-UK meet comes off later in the year I shall try to get to
that, even though its over the border in England.

Regards,

Roy Bamford
(NeddySeagoon)

Re: New Forums Staff : NeddySeagoon [ In reply to ]
2006/5/28, Roy Bamford <roy@crossford.net>:
> On 2006.05.28 20:09, Shyam Mani wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > Please take a moment to welcome our latest addition to the Forums
> > gang,
> > Roy Bamford aka NeddySeagoon.
> >
> > NeddySeagoon (by day) is an Avionics Systems Engeineer with over 40
> > years experiance of playing with computers, something he started in
> > 1963 by learning Algol for an Elliot 503. Although he is not really
> > into
> > coding, he has written assembly level stuff for all sorts of now
> > obsolete processors.
> >
> > His first personal computer was a home made APPLE. Back then, when he
> > purchased it, he had to shell out about 315 UK Pounds for a 140kb
> > floppy
> > drive!
> >
> > He loves to fix things that aren't broken.
> >
> > Most of our regulars on IRC might have already seen Neddy on #gentoo,
> > and it is with great pleasure that I welcome him into the Gentoo
> > family!
> >
> > Have fun Neddy, and when/where's the party? :)
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > --
> > Shyam Mani | <fox2mike@gentoo.org>
> > docs-team | http://gdp.gentoo.org
> > GPG Key | 0xFDD0E345
> >

> fox2mike,
>
> Thank you for the intro,
>
> If the Gentoo-UK meet comes off later in the year I shall try to get to
> that, even though its over the border in England.
>
> Regards,
>
> Roy Bamford
> (NeddySeagoon)

Welcome aboard Roy !

Boris.

Quiconque me parle de Dieu en veut à ma bourse ou à ma liberté.

Re: New Forums Staff : NeddySeagoon [ In reply to ]
Re: New Forums Staff : NeddySeagoon [ In reply to ]
On Sun, May 28, 2006 at 10:50:55PM -0700, Josh Saddler wrote:
> Welcome to the team! Wow, you've some credentials. I've certainly seen your
> unfailingly polite, helpful presence around the forums for a long time. I'm glad
> you bring a lot to Gentoo.

Yes, those posts are really extraordinary - keep up the good work!

cheers,
Wernfried

--
Wernfried Haas (amne) - amne at gentoo dot org
Gentoo Forums: http://forums.gentoo.org
Re: New Forums Staff : NeddySeagoon [ In reply to ]
Shyam Mani wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Please take a moment to welcome our latest addition to the Forums gang,
> Roy Bamford aka NeddySeagoon.

Thanks for volunteering your time Roy, we will all benefit from your
extensive knowledge and your patience with n00bs.

--Curtis
Re: New Forums Staff : NeddySeagoon [ In reply to ]
On 15/06/06, Curtis Napier <curtis119@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Shyam Mani wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > Please take a moment to welcome our latest addition to the Forums gang,
> > Roy Bamford aka NeddySeagoon.
>

> Thanks for volunteering your time Roy, we will all benefit from your
> extensive knowledge and your patience with n00bs.
>

> --Curtis
>

> and his extensive knowlege of punch card technology :)

George