block bug 126972.

Thanks!
Daniel
Re: 2.6.16 and packages in conflict [ In reply to ]
Daniel Drake wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Linux 2.6.16 will be in the tree very soon. Assuming there aren't any
> major problems, we'll hopefully be marking it stable in 2-3 weeks.

We're planning to mark it stable on 10th April. Maybe a few days later,
need to double check that we don't have any in-kernel 2.6.16 showstoppers.

Please ensure your packages are fixed in the stable tree.

Daniel

Re: 2.6.16 and packages in conflict [ In reply to ]
Daniel Drake posted <44312B63.1090009@gentoo.org>, excerpted below, on
Mon, 03 Apr 2006 15:04:19 +0100:

>> Linux 2.6.16 will be in the tree very soon. Assuming there aren't any
>> major problems, we'll hopefully be marking it stable in 2-3 weeks.
>
> We're planning to mark it stable on 10th April. Maybe a few days later,
> need to double check that we don't have any in-kernel 2.6.16 showstoppers.

This isn't a show-stopper, but it's possible you'll get others running
into the issue that understand as little as I did about it... Maybe this
will save folks the hair tearing frustration I went thru tracing it.

AMD64 > 4G memory: SCSI formerly (2.6.15 and earlier) used
bounce-buffers. It now relies on the IOMMU, either the hardware GART
IOMMU for true AMD64, or a software emulation thereof for Intel's EM64T.
It'll need to be configured into the kernel and working. Also, here, I
had a BIOS issue. AGP Hypertransport Fast-writes had to be disabled in
ordered for the IOMMU (and DRI/DRM) to function. Because the kernel froze
every time I tried IOMMU, I had the kernel configured without it, so I had
/two/ changes to trace down and make, before it would work, thus the
problem, since either one alone wasn't enough.

and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in