Mailing List Archive

last rites: multiple packages
Hi,

a short list of packages, which can be buried imho:

x11-misc/kpasman - unmaintained upstream for years, alternatives e.g.
kde-misc/pwmanager

media-libs/libdbmusic - exclusive dependency of media-sound/kmusicdb, which
has been removed a while ago

net-misc/knetmonapplet - unmaintained upstream for years, alternatives are
net-misc/{kbandwidth,knemo,knetload,ktraynetworker} or the ksysguard kicker
applet

I'll bury these packages in a week, if no one yells that he can't live without
them and takes over maintainership.

As soon as KDE 3.5 goes stable - no date yet - I'd like to bury

x11-misc/karamba (if desktop-misc herd agrees)
x11-misc/superkaramba

as well as

x11-plugins/karamba-* - unmaintained for years

Reasoning is that the Superkaramba that comes with KDE 3.5 is a rewrite,
enabling the user to directly download the karamba plugins he wants, while
the packages are not maintained within Gentoo and the other Karamba versions
are not maintained upstream anymore.

Carsten
Re: last rites: multiple packages [ In reply to ]
Carsten Lohrke wrote:
> As soon as KDE 3.5 goes stable - no date yet - I'd like to bury
>
> x11-misc/karamba (if desktop-misc herd agrees)
> x11-misc/superkaramba
>
> as well as
>
> x11-plugins/karamba-* - unmaintained for years
>
> Reasoning is that the Superkaramba that comes with KDE 3.5 is a rewrite,
> enabling the user to directly download the karamba plugins he wants, while
> the packages are not maintained within Gentoo and the other Karamba versions
> are not maintained upstream anymore.

desktop-misc says "go for it" when kde 3.5 goes stable. I'll be glad to
see them go :-)

-smithj