Mailing List Archive

New developer: Chris Lee (labmonkey)
Re: New developer: Chris Lee (labmonkey) [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 22 September 2005 12:30, Aaron Walker wrote:
> (for anyone feeling
> generous I don't mind a pizza either ;p).
You have to do your homework before (read: install G/FBSD) or you won't get
any pizza :P

> Everyone give Chris a warm welcome.
Hi Chris and welcome :) That strange character that goes under the name of
vapier is not dangerous... but pay attention to his moves anyway ;)

Btw... you're clee or it's just an omonimity (or whatever is spelt)? :)

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
Gentoo Developer - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
Re: Re: New developer: Chris Lee (labmonkey) [ In reply to ]
maillog: 22/09/2005-22:48:06(-0700): Duncan types

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homophone <-- one of the ones here?

--
( Georgi Georgiev ( Do you like "TENDER VITTLES"? (
) chutz@gg3.net ) )
Re: Re: New developer: Chris Lee (labmonkey) [ In reply to ]
On Friday 23 September 2005 08:10, Georgi Georgiev wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homophone <--  one of the ones here?
Yeah, thanks Georgi, it was "Homonym" :)

Re: New developer: Chris Lee (labmonkey) [ In reply to ]
Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò posted
<200509221252.56938@enterprise.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org>, excerpted below,
on Thu, 22 Sep 2005 12:52:45 +0200:

> On Thursday 22 September 2005 12:30, Aaron Walker wrote:

>> Everyone give Chris a warm welcome.
> Hi Chris and welcome :)
>
> Btw... you're clee or it's just an omonimity (or whatever is spelt)? :)

Now you have me wondering which word and why?

"Anonymity" (being anonymous, literally, without-name) seems the
best spelling match, but doesn't fit the sentence structure too well.
"Anomaly" (something that doesn't fit the norm) maybe? (BTW, I needed
spell-check on that last one, too. <g> BTW2, I /prefer/ being
"anomalous", as to some extent I'd guess most "geeks" do. Who wants to be
a clone?) There's not quite enough context there (and I'm not privy to
whatever previous conversations the comment may be referencing) to guess
much further.

Anyway, welcome, Chris! Just a user (tho a regular dev-group/list
follower) here, but more devs to make toys for me to play with are
/always/ welcome! =8^)

and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in

Re: Re: New developer: Chris Lee (labmonkey) [ In reply to ]
Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò posted
<200509231026.09388@enterprise.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org>, excerpted below,
on Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:25:49 +0200:

> On Friday 23 September 2005 08:10, Georgi Georgiev wrote:
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homophone <--  one of the ones here?
> Yeah, thanks Georgi, it was "Homonym" :)

Aye... Makes sense now!

and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in