Mailing List Archive

List of packages which 'inherit gcc'

Hi all,

grepped the tree tonight for ebuilds which inherit (deprecated)
gcc.eclass. Attache is a list of packages that have at least one ebuild
that matches "^inherit.*gcc".

Please use toolchain-funcs.eclass where possible. Also, Diego
(Flameeyes) asked me to remind the maintainers of those packages to make
sure their routines work with gcc-4, too.
(Things like [[ $(gcc-version) == 3.4 ]] should be changed to apply to
gcc-4 as well, as that version is even more nitpicking than gcc-3.4)

Here we go:

app-admin/socklog
app-admin/sus
app-arch/arc
app-arch/arj
app-arch/gzip-x86
app-arch/pbzip2
app-arch/rpm2targz
app-benchmarks/lmbench
app-cdr/arson
app-cdr/b5i2iso
app-cdr/bchunk
app-cdr/cdemu
app-cdr/cdrdao
app-cdr/cdrtools
app-cdr/dvdrtools
app-cdr/mdf2iso
app-crypt/cli-crypt
app-editors/nedit
app-emacs/mpg123-el
app-emulation/tiger
app-emulation/vmware-workstation
app-emulation/xtrs
app-i18n/dbskkd-cdb
app-i18n/jmcce
app-i18n/kcc
app-misc/emelfm
app-misc/mmv
app-misc/pax-utils
app-text/7plus
app-text/ghostscript
app-text/html2text
app-text/recode
app-text/unix2dos
app-text/vlna
dev-cpp/gnomemm
dev-db/cdb
dev-db/mysql++
dev-dotnet/mono
dev-embedded/gpsim
dev-embedded/picasm
dev-games/hawknl
dev-java/blackdown-jdk
dev-java/blackdown-jre
dev-lang/erlang
dev-lang/gnu-smalltalk
dev-lang/perl
dev-lang/pm3
dev-lang/tolua
dev-libs/DirectFB
dev-libs/bglibs
dev-libs/dietlibc
dev-libs/djb
dev-libs/libmoe
dev-libs/openssl
dev-libs/xalan-c
dev-lisp/clisp
dev-tex/cjk-latex
dev-tex/csindex
dev-util/efence
dev-util/lincvs
dev-util/webcpp
games-action/atanks
games-action/glaxium
games-action/poopmup
games-action/xshipwars
games-arcade/gunocide2ex
games-arcade/tuxracer
games-emulation/fbzx
games-emulation/fceultra
games-emulation/generator
games-emulation/mupen64
games-emulation/xmame
games-emulation/xmess
games-fps/anaglyph-stereo-quake
games-fps/prboom
games-fps/quake1
games-fps/quake2-icculus
games-fps/ttyquake
games-kids/gtans
games-misc/wumpus
games-mud/powwow
games-puzzle/quadra
games-roguelike/moria
games-roguelike/nethack
games-rpg/egoboo
games-rpg/freedroid
games-server/halflife-metamod
games-server/tetrix
games-simulation/pmars-sdl
games-sports/race
games-strategy/wesnoth
gnome-base/gnome-vfs
gnome-extra/drwright
gnome-extra/guppi
mail-client/mozilla-thunderbird
mail-filter/qmail-scanner
mail-mta/mini-qmail
media-fonts/pcf2bdf
media-gfx/duhdraw
media-gfx/fbi
media-gfx/gimageview
media-gfx/transfig
media-gfx/w3mimgfb
media-gfx/yafray
media-libs/flac
media-libs/libemf
media-libs/libfame
media-libs/libmatroska
media-libs/libmpeg3
media-libs/libpng
media-libs/libvorbis
media-libs/netpbm
media-libs/quicktime4linux
media-libs/smpeg
media-libs/vflib
media-libs/xine-lib
media-plugins/mythmusic
media-plugins/rmxmms
media-sound/lame
media-sound/mup
media-sound/museseq
media-sound/vorbis-tools
media-video/asfrecorder
media-video/cinelerra
media-video/cinelerra-cvs
media-video/dvdbackup
media-video/ffmpeg
media-video/goggles
media-video/kdenlive
media-video/lve
media-video/mjpegtools
media-video/mpgtx
media-video/piave
media-video/transcode
media-video/vlc
media-video/xanim
media-video/xmovie
net-analyzer/bigeye
net-analyzer/ethereal
net-analyzer/gnu-netcat
net-analyzer/nmap
net-analyzer/nttcp
net-analyzer/sonar
net-analyzer/tcpdump
net-analyzer/traceroute-nanog
net-analyzer/ttcp
net-fs/openafs
net-im/bitlbee
net-im/gabber
net-im/gaim
net-irc/irssistats
net-libs/cvm
net-libs/gecko-sdk
net-libs/libesmtp
net-libs/liblockfile
net-mail/checkpassword
net-mail/checkpw
net-mail/cmd5checkpw
net-mail/cvm-vmailmgr
net-mail/dot-forward
net-mail/ezmlm
net-mail/mailfront
net-mail/mailwrapper
net-mail/poppassd_pam
net-mail/qlogtools
net-mail/queue-fix
net-mail/relay-ctrl
net-mail/vmailmgr
net-misc/dante
net-misc/datapipe
net-misc/etherwake
net-misc/ifenslave
net-misc/mknbi
net-misc/tightvnc
net-misc/udhcp
net-p2p/dclib
net-print/poster
sci-geosciences/gempak
sys-apps/gradm
sys-apps/hdparm
sys-apps/iproute2
sys-apps/memtester
sys-boot/grub
sys-boot/syslinux
sys-devel/bison
sys-devel/distcc
sys-kernel/gentoo-sources
sys-libs/glibc
sys-libs/libtrash
sys-libs/pam
sys-libs/pam_ssh_agent
sys-libs/uclibc
www-client/mozilla
www-client/mozilla-firefox
x11-misc/fbdesk
x11-plugins/wmtz

- --
Danny van Dyk <kugelfang@gentoo.org>
Gentoo/AMD64 Project, Gentoo Scientific Project
Re: List of packages which 'inherit gcc' [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 15 May 2005 04:54 pm, Danny van Dyk wrote:
> Please use toolchain-funcs.eclass where possible.

note that the only syntax change you need to make is:
gcc-getCC -> tc-getCC
gcc-getCXX -> tc-getCXX

otherwise toolchain-funcs should drop in nicely for gcc

> Also, Diego
> (Flameeyes) asked me to remind the maintainers of those packages to make
> sure their routines work with gcc-4, too.
> (Things like [[ $(gcc-version) == 3.4 ]] should be changed to apply to
> gcc-4 as well, as that version is even more nitpicking than gcc-3.4)

even better, you should ask yourself why you need to check the gcc version and
see if you cant make it make work properly regardless of the version
-mike
Re: List of packages which 'inherit gcc' [ In reply to ]
Would have been nice to get this email before portage started griping a day or
so ago.

On Sunday 15 May 2005 16:54, Danny van Dyk wrote:
> [...]
> media-sound/museseq
> media-sound/vorbis-tools
> media-video/asfrecorder
> media-video/cinelerra
> media-video/cinelerra-cvs
> media-video/dvdbackup
> media-video/ffmpeg
> media-video/goggles
> media-video/kdenlive
> media-video/lve
> media-video/mjpegtools
> media-video/mpgtx
> media-video/piave
> media-video/transcode
> media-video/vlc
> media-video/xanim
> media-video/xmovie
> net-analyzer/bigeye
> net-analyzer/ethereal
> net-analyzer/gnu-netcat
> net-analyzer/nmap
> net-analyzer/nttcp
> net-analyzer/sonar
> net-analyzer/tcpdump
> net-analyzer/traceroute-nanog
> net-analyzer/ttcp
> net-fs/openafs
> net-im/bitlbee
> net-im/gabber
> net-im/gaim
> net-irc/irssistats
> net-libs/cvm
> net-libs/gecko-sdk
> net-libs/libesmtp
> net-libs/liblockfile
> net-mail/checkpassword
> net-mail/checkpw
> net-mail/cmd5checkpw
> net-mail/cvm-vmailmgr
> net-mail/dot-forward
> net-mail/ezmlm
> net-mail/mailfront
> net-mail/mailwrapper
> net-mail/poppassd_pam
> net-mail/qlogtools
> net-mail/queue-fix
> net-mail/relay-ctrl
> net-mail/vmailmgr
> net-misc/dante
> net-misc/datapipe
> net-misc/etherwake
> net-misc/ifenslave
> net-misc/mknbi
> net-misc/tightvnc
> net-misc/udhcp
> net-p2p/dclib
> net-print/poster
> sci-geosciences/gempak
> sys-apps/gradm
> sys-apps/hdparm
> sys-apps/iproute2
> sys-apps/memtester
> sys-boot/grub
> sys-boot/syslinux
> sys-devel/bison
> sys-devel/distcc
> sys-kernel/gentoo-sources
> sys-libs/glibc
> sys-libs/libtrash
> sys-libs/pam
> sys-libs/pam_ssh_agent
> sys-libs/uclibc
> www-client/mozilla
> www-client/mozilla-firefox
> x11-misc/fbdesk
> x11-plugins/wmtz
>

> --
> Danny van Dyk <kugelfang@gentoo.org>
> Gentoo/AMD64 Project, Gentoo Scientific Project

Michael Cummings | #gentoo-dev, #gentoo-perl
Gentoo Perl Dev | on irc.freenode.net
-----o()o---------------------------------------------
Re: List of packages which 'inherit gcc' [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 15 May 2005 23:03, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> even better, you should ask yourself why you need to check the gcc version
> and see if you cant make it make work properly regardless of the version
Wow! For the first time I was already doing the right thing without SpanKY
telling me that :D

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
Gentoo Developer (Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Gentoo/AMD64)

http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
Re: List of packages which 'inherit gcc' [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 15 May 2005 05:11 pm, Michael Cummings wrote:
> Would have been nice to get this email before portage started griping a day
> or so ago.

portage isnt griping, gcc.eclass is because i put it there

besides, i didnt use caps and i said 'Please', so it's just a friendly
notice !
-mike
Re: List of packages which 'inherit gcc' [ In reply to ]
Thanks! Just the cue I needed :)

Re: List of packages which 'inherit gcc' [ In reply to ]
Danny van Dyk wrote:
> sys-kernel/gentoo-sources

I don't see any gentoo-sources ebuilds using this. Can you please re-check?

Thanks
Daniel
Re: List of packages which 'inherit gcc' [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 15 May 2005 22:54:20 +0200
Danny van Dyk <kugelfang@gentoo.org> wrote:

> net-im/bitlbee

Fixed.

Jason Wever
Gentoo/Sparc Team Co-Lead
Re: List of packages which 'inherit gcc' [ In reply to ]

Daniel Drake schrieb:
>>sys-kernel/gentoo-sources
> I don't see any gentoo-sources ebuilds using this. Can you please re-check?
Ok, i seem to have used the wrong tree (a bit outdated CVS instead
livetree, sorry). Here is a new list which still consists of 161 items
and should be uptodate:

[...]
games-emulation/mupen64-jttl_sound
games-emulation/mupen64-riceplugin
games-emulation/xmame
games-emulation/xmess
games-fps/prboom
games-fps/quake1
[...]
net-misc/br2684ctl
net-misc/datapipe
net-misc/etherwake
net-misc/ifenslave
net-misc/mknbi
net-misc/tightvnc
net-misc/udhcp
net-p2p/dclib
net-print/poster
net-proxy/dante
sys-apps/gradm
sys-apps/hdparm
sys-apps/iproute2
sys-apps/memtester
sys-block/buffer
sys-boot/grub
sys-boot/syslinux
sys-devel/bison
sys-devel/distcc
sys-libs/libtrash
sys-libs/pam
sys-libs/pam_ssh_agent
sys-process/runit
www-client/mozilla
www-client/mozilla-firefox
x11-misc/fbdesk
x11-plugins/wmtz

Danny
- --
Re: List of packages which 'inherit gcc' [ In reply to ]
On Monday 16 May 2005 00:42, Danny van Dyk wrote:
> media-video/cinelerra
I've specifically ignored this package as it needs to go away very soon. It's
p.masked, also.

Re: List of packages which 'inherit gcc' [ In reply to ]