Mailing List Archive

Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in dev-cpp/eigen: eigen-2.0.6.ebuild ChangeLog
В Сбт, 26/09/2009 в 00:18 +0000, Patrick Lauer (patrick) пишет:
> patrick 09/09/26 00:18:02
> Log:
> Bump to 2.0.6, fixes #286462
> (Portage version: 2.2_rc41/cvs/Linux x86_64)

> 1.1 dev-cpp/eigen/eigen-2.0.6.ebuild
>
> file : http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/dev-cpp/eigen/eigen-2.0.6.ebuild?rev=1.1&view=markup
> plain: http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/dev-cpp/eigen/eigen-2.0.6.ebuild?rev=1.1&content-type=text/plain

> src_test() {
> mycmakeargs="${mycmakeargs}
> -DEIGEN_BUILD_TESTS=ON
> -DEIGEN_TEST_NO_FORTRAN=ON"
> cmake-utils_src_configure
> cmake-utils_src_compile
> cmake-utils_src_test
> }

Does this mean that with tests enabled user will get different package?
If that's true I think user should be at least notified about that as
this is counterintuitive. If not why -D*TEST* are not added at
src_configure phase?

--
Peter.
Re: Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in dev-cpp/eigen: eigen-2.0.6.ebuild ChangeLog [ In reply to ]
Dne sobota 26 Září 2009 18:26:48 Peter Volkov napsal(a):
> > src_test() {
> > mycmakeargs="${mycmakeargs}
> > -DEIGEN_BUILD_TESTS=ON
> > -DEIGEN_TEST_NO_FORTRAN=ON"
> > cmake-utils_src_configure
> > cmake-utils_src_compile
> > cmake-utils_src_test
> > }
>
> Does this mean that with tests enabled user will get different package?
> If that's true I think user should be at least notified about that as
> this is counterintuitive. If not why -D*TEST* are not added at
> src_configure phase?

No this means that it will add to configure options tests feature.
Since cmake is cascading it will configure and compile in only the required
test stuff.
Then it runs the test.

I dont think users really need tests out of the test scope so why to do it
elsewhere.

It has 0 effect on what is installed in the end

Tomas