Mailing List Archive

New global USE flag: modules
Per my thread on building modules and linux-info, USE=modules will be moving
from being a local USE flag to being a global, AND it will be enabled by
default in the base profile.

Proposed description:
---------------------
Enable building of kernel modules

Existing tree usage:
--------------------
app-emulation/kvm:modules - Build the kernel modules from the kvm package
media-libs/libifp:modules - Build kernel modules for non-root usage
sys-block/open-iscsi:modules - Build the open-iscsi kernel modules
x11-drivers/ati-drivers:modules - Build the kernel modules
x11-drivers/linuxwacom:modules - Build kernel module

Expected impact:
----------------
At least 120 packages will change, possibly as many as 140.
Many of these may be simply the via the eclass.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail : robbat2@gentoo.org
Re: New global USE flag: modules [ In reply to ]
Dne pondělí 31 Srpen 2009 01:54:00 Robin H. Johnson napsal(a):
> Per my thread on building modules and linux-info, USE=modules will be
> moving from being a local USE flag to being a global, AND it will be
> enabled by default in the base profile.
>
> Proposed description:
> Enable building of kernel modules

As ati-drivers maintainer I say it is good description for my package :]
So my word is:
PROCEED :]

Cheers

Tomas