jpegint.h isn't installed anymore (private header), if this is causing
trouble for you let me know about that too...

Thanks, Samuli
Re: New media-libs/jpeg-7 and how to deal with it. [ In reply to ]
Samuli Suominen wrote:
> This means you have change deps to || ( media-libs/jpeg-compat
> <=media-libs/jpeg-7 ) for example. Feel free to use suitable alternative
> syntaxes.

Typo. Correct:

Re: New media-libs/jpeg-7 and how to deal with it. [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 16:01:47 +0300
Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@gentoo.org> wrote:
> media-libs/jpeg-7 installs .so.7.0.0 so this causes some headacke for
> binary applications:

Doesn't this mean you should slot it?

--
Ciaran McCreesh
Re: New media-libs/jpeg-7 and how to deal with it. [ In reply to ]
Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 16:01:47 +0300
> Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@gentoo.org> wrote:
>> media-libs/jpeg-7 installs .so.7.0.0 so this causes some headacke for
>> binary applications:
>
> Doesn't this mean you should slot it?

No. I only want the .so.62 for binary apps, thus the ebuild won't
install anything but the shared libs.
Re: New media-libs/jpeg-7 and how to deal with it. [ In reply to ]
Samuli Suominen wrote:
> Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 16:01:47 +0300
>> Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@gentoo.org> wrote:
>>
>>> media-libs/jpeg-7 installs .so.7.0.0 so this causes some headacke for
>>> binary applications:
>>>
>> Doesn't this mean you should slot it?
>>
> No. I only want the .so.62 for binary apps, thus the ebuild won't
> install anything but the shared libs
You wrote a header was now private so it will probably make a lot of
ebuilds incompatible with 7.0. Maybe slotting could be useful even for them.

Mounir
Re: New media-libs/jpeg-7 and how to deal with it. [ In reply to ]
Mounir Lamouri wrote:
>> No. I only want the .so.62 for binary apps, thus the ebuild won't
>> install anything but the shared libs
> You wrote a header was now private so it will probably make a lot of
> ebuilds incompatible with 7.0. Maybe slotting could be useful even for them.

No.

The include was always private but we patched 6b to install it for a
ancient bug involving media-gfx/feh.
Re: New media-libs/jpeg-7 and how to deal with it. [ In reply to ]
On Saturday 22 August 2009 10:19:00 Samuli Suominen wrote:
> Mounir Lamouri wrote:
> >> No. I only want the .so.62 for binary apps, thus the ebuild won't
> >> install anything but the shared libs
> >
> > You wrote a header was now private so it will probably make a lot of
> > ebuilds incompatible with 7.0. Maybe slotting could be useful even for
> > them.
>
> No.
>
> The include was always private but we patched 6b to install it for a
> ancient bug involving media-gfx/feh.

sounds correct to me. ABI change only -> no SLOT.
-mike