Mailing List Archive

Summary and future of Gentoo stats server/client
Hello again!

Today 19:00 UTC is "firm pencils down" for Gentoo Google Summer of Code.
That means ..

we enter the phase where you should *join me* with development.

Looking at

http://soc.gentooexperimental.org/projects/stats/issues

there is a more work to do (and will always be), both Gentoo-specific
stuff, as well as cross-distro free software domination stuff. To name
a few:

- Paludis support
- Generation of graphs
- PackageMap integration

Especially in the end I had to focus on really essential stuff,
otherwise there would be no test instance running to try out by now.
However, we did move from we-really-should-have-stats to
fork-yeah-we-have-stats.

A quick-export of the documentation with overview on deliverables is
currently up here:

http://www.hartwork.org/gsoc2009/gentoo_gsoc_2009.html

(The containing folder is served with index purposely.)

So:
- Yes, there is more work to do
- No, I will not run and stop working on it
- Yes, I will get back to the ebuild quizes
- Yes, I will keep pushing Smolt and PackageMap

Last but not least there are a few people that I would like to say
"thanks" to (in hopefully alphabetic order):

Platinum section
````````````````
Robert Buchholz
Fabian Groffen
Andy Kittner
Robin H. Johnson
Mike McGrath
Zac Medico
Marat Radchenko

Gold section
````````````
Luca Barbato
Aaron Bauman
Daniel Buschke
Hans de Graaff
Tobias Klausmann
Justin Lecher
Sebastián Magrí
Victor Ostorga
Sebastian Schuberth
Florian Steinel
Markus Ullmann

I hope I didn't forget anybody.

Now please _really_ have a look at

http://www.hartwork.org/gsoc2009/gentoo_gsoc_2009.html

if you haven't done so before.
If you have any questions or complaints please let me know.

See you,

Sebastian
Re: Summary and future of Gentoo stats server/client [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Sebastian Pipping <webmaster@hartwork.org>:

> If you have any questions or complaints please let me know.

That was quite impressive, especially after you told me on LinuxTag
that you have problems to focus on a task. Stats is a quite important
piece of software for some developers and finally we are able to use
the tool. Please go on and develop it to a usable state so we can
announce it to a broader audience (20 sets of data are not enough).
Unfortunately my other tasks don't let me contribute more actively to
your little program.
I would like to hear from the other students how far work went.

V-Li

<URL:http://gentoo.faulhammer.org/>