3rd party tools that still need it, I wouldn't count them qualifying.

Suggestion: cvs remove -f

Thanks, Samuli
Re: base/use.defaults [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday 12 August 2009 13:13:27 Samuli Suominen wrote:
> Do we still need it? It appears to be very unmaintained. And if there's
> 3rd party tools that still need it, I wouldn't count them qualifying.
>
> Suggestion: cvs remove -f

it's been deprecated for pretty much ever (it was known to be kind of hack
when first implemented). largely it's been kept around for old stable
portages and for old systems, but we've stabled beyond and dropped those old
profiles by now. so if stable systems dont randomly crash with it gone, now
seems like a good time to drop it.
-mike