Timeframe: If you agree, I or we will convert them in within 1-2 days
from now.

Thanks, Samuli
Re: [RFC] xfconf.eclass - codename: keep it simple, stupid [ In reply to ]
Samuli Suominen wrote:
> Please comment if there's something to change. Keep it simple.

Improved version attached. EAPI checking modification.

Thanks, Samuli
Re: [RFC] xfconf.eclass - codename: keep it simple, stupid [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 01 Aug 2009 20:58:10 +0300
Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Improved version attached. EAPI checking modification.

> 2) EXPF+=" src_configure" ;;

+= is bash 3.1, which isn't legal for use in the tree.

--
Ciaran McCreesh
Re: [RFC] xfconf.eclass - codename: keep it simple, stupid [ In reply to ]
Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Aug 2009 20:58:10 +0300
> Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@gentoo.org> wrote:
>> Improved version attached. EAPI checking modification.
>
>> 2) EXPF+=" src_configure" ;;
>
> += is bash 3.1, which isn't legal for use in the tree.

It's been in use for a long time in xfce's ebuilds already, noone has
ever complained. One can easily match some hundreds of ebuilds in tree
where it's used.

Is this *really* a issue? If so, I have no trouble in reusing the var,
but it's ugly.

-Samuli
Re: [RFC] xfconf.eclass - codename: keep it simple, stupid [ In reply to ]

http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_a5b81c2f60a80cc91e2a47a802168185.xml

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level
Re: [RFC] xfconf.eclass - codename: keep it simple, stupid [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 01 Aug 2009 21:26:09 +0300
Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > += is bash 3.1, which isn't legal for use in the tree.
>
> It's been in use for a long time in xfce's ebuilds already, noone has
> ever complained. One can easily match some hundreds of ebuilds in tree
> where it's used.

Yes, unfortunately it's impossible to get repoman to detect it reliably.

> Is this *really* a issue? If so, I have no trouble in reusing the var,
> but it's ugly.

It is. Unfortunately a whole bunch of developers moaned noisily when we
tried to fix the problem, so the tree's stuck with bash 3.0
indefinitely.

--
Ciaran McCreesh