--
Panagiotis Christopoulos ( pchrist )
( Gentoo Lisp Project )
Re: Devaway for me, for a whole year period(military service) [ In reply to ]
Panagiotis Christopoulos wrote:
> Hi fellow devs and users,
>
> As some of you may already know, I won't be around this year,
> cause I have to join the greek army, starting from tomorrow
> morning. Feel free to touch my ebuilds. I will be in contact (via mail)
> with Marijn Schouten (hkBst) in case you want to hear any news of me.
> Keep up the great work, all of you, and don't break anything, cause I
> will have very little time when I'll be back home, to update the "worlds of
> my machinery" :P
>
> ps: I have left an open screen session running irssi, on a remote machine, so
> you will see me online, but I'll be faaaaar away, probably :(

Well, I'm a American but military is military. Be safe and come back in
one HEALTHY piece!!

Dale

:-) :-)
Re: Devaway for me, for a whole year period(military service) [ In reply to ]
Now, it is my time to say goodbye ( but not forever ) . I am *forced* to join
the greek army from 16/8/2009 until May 2010. So I wont be active during this
period. When I come back, I expect a more shiny Gentoo which will provide
great experiences to our users.

So long people. It was a pleasure to work with you so far. See you in May :)
--
Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
Gentoo Linux Developer [KDE/Qt/Sound/Sunrise]
Re: Re: Devaway for me, for a whole year period(military service) [ In reply to ]
Dne úterý 11 Srpen 2009 19:32:51 Markos Chandras napsal(a):
> Now, it is my time to say goodbye ( but not forever ) . I am *forced* to
> join the greek army from 16/8/2009 until May 2010. So I wont be active
> during this period. When I come back, I expect a more shiny Gentoo which
> will provide great experiences to our users.
>
> So long people. It was a pleasure to work with you so far. See you in May
> :)
See ya slacker ;]
And have fun without the computers for the time, so when you came back you
will be 500% eager to work :DDDD

Tomas
Re: Re: Devaway for me, for a whole year period(military service) [ In reply to ]
SPAAAAAAAAARTA!

/me hides

--
Mauricio Lima Pilla -- UFPEL

pilla@ufpel.edu.br, mauricio.pilla@gmail.com, pilla@gentoo.org
http://minerva.ufpel.edu.br/~pilla

"I'm just very selective about the reality I choose to accept."
-- Calvin
Re: Re: Devaway for me, for a whole year period(military service) [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 11 August 2009 20:41:28 Mauricio Lima Pilla wrote:
> SPAAAAAAAAARTA!
>
> /me hides
Close enough. Only ~100Km away from Sparta :)

Re: Re: Devaway for me, for a whole year period(military service) [ In reply to ]
090811 Markos Chandras wrote:
> Now, it is my time to say goodbye ( but not forever ) .
> I am *forced* to join the Greek army from 16/8/2009 until May 2010.
> When I come back, I expect a more shiny Gentoo
> So long people. It was a pleasure to work with you so far. See you in May :)

Lots of sympathy: UK abolished National Service in time for me to escape it;
France ended it, has Germany yet ? Canada has never had such a thing:
Canadians are very tough fighters when they're needed, but as volunteers.

So think of one of the greatest soldiers & heroes of all time, Leonidas,
& let's hope you don't have to emulate what he did ... (grin)

SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
Re: Re: Devaway for me, for a whole year period(military service) [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 20:32, Markos Chandras<hwoarang@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Now, it is my time to say goodbye ( but not forever ) . I am *forced* to join
> the greek army from 16/8/2009 until May 2010. So I wont be active during this
> period. When I come back, I expect a more shiny Gentoo which will provide
> great experiences to our users.
>
> So long people. It was a pleasure to work with you so far. See you in May :)
> --
> Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
> Gentoo Linux Developer [KDE/Qt/Sound/Sunrise]
> Web: http://hwoarang.silverarrow.org

9+ months of pure slacking eh :p

Try to hang in there and come back in one piece!

Êáëü êïõñÜãéï ìåãÜëå ;)

--
Alex || wired
Gentoo Dev
Re: Re: Devaway for me, for a whole year period(military service) [ In reply to ]
Markos Chandras wrote:
> Now, it is my time to say goodbye ( but not forever ) . I am *forced* to join
> the greek army from 16/8/2009 until May 2010. So I wont be active during this
> period. When I come back, I expect a more shiny Gentoo which will provide
> great experiences to our users.
>
> So long people. It was a pleasure to work with you so far. See you in May :)

Thank you! It has been a pleasure to work with you, especially on the Qt
team. Thanks for all your input. I wish you a good time, and hope you
will come back to us with fresh courage when you're done.

Ben