A day is 24 hours long. Egy nap 24 órából áll.
A box of beer contains 24 bottles. Egy tálcán 24 üveg sör van.
I don't believe in suddenness. Nem hiszek a véletlenekben.

Re: doc_about_ebuild_functions [ In reply to ]
On 09/21/04 Tamas Sarga wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to create ebuilds, but I can't find any good documentation
> about helper functions.
> For example I heard about PATCH_ATTRIBUTES or such variable, what is
> used by epatch, but I can't find it anywhere in the gentoo.org doc
> section. Where should I search for these type of docs?

Offhand I'd say your best chance is in the eclasses themself, not
everything is documented (especially when it comes to functions from
eclasses).

MfG Marius

--
Public Key at http://www.genone.de/info/gpg-key.pub

In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.

Re: doc_about_ebuild_functions [ In reply to ]
On Tuesday 21 September 2004 10:08 am, Tamas Sarga wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to create ebuilds, but I can't find any good documentation
> about helper functions.
> For example I heard about PATCH_ATTRIBUTES or such variable, what is
> used by epatch, but I can't find it anywhere in the gentoo.org doc
> section. Where should I search for these type of docs?

ebuild howto (also documents some helper functions):
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=2&chap=1
eclass howto:
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=2&chap=2

Greets,
Christian Parpart.

--
11:00:35 up 27 days, 22:40, 1 user, load average: 0.63, 0.34, 0.25
Re: doc_about_ebuild_functions [ In reply to ]