- https://453206.bugs.gentoo.org/attachment.cgi?id=336232

I had to move two xproto .pc files to /usr/share/pkgconfig to get them
found by configure scripts. I checked the relevant packages whether
the installed includes are the same for amd64+x86 but I don't know if
there can be a case when they are different.

If there is, we will have to make the packages support multilib and use
a custom header install location on other ABIs. In any case, it can
be fixed in the future.
Re: First steps into X11 global multilib [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 20 Jan 2013 20:08:25 +0100
Michał Górny <mgorny@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> A quick patch to xorg-2.eclass to support enabling multilib on packages
> and a few example conversions to prove the point. I'd some feedback
> before I continue with the packages.
>
> In order to test those packages, you need a few patches to the gx86
> eclasses, namely:
>
> - http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/82764
> - http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/83083 (optional)
> - https://453206.bugs.gentoo.org/attachment.cgi?id=336232
>
> I had to move two xproto .pc files to /usr/share/pkgconfig to get them
> found by configure scripts. I checked the relevant packages whether
> the installed includes are the same for amd64+x86 but I don't know if
> there can be a case when they are different.
>
> If there is, we will have to make the packages support multilib and use
> a custom header install location on other ABIs. In any case, it can
> be fixed in the future.

A complete set of packages from emul-linux-x86-xlibs has been committed
to the 'multilib' branch of X11 overlay for testing.

So, if you're using live xorg and would like to test this, you should:

$ cd /var/lib/layman/x11 # or any other location
$ git checkout multilib
$ emerge -1v emul-linux-x86-xlibs

It shall pull in -r1 version which replaces the bundled libraries with
a bunch of multilib package dependencies.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny