Mailing List Archive

[kde-sunset] knetworkmanager and dbus-qt3-old
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to check something out before submitting a bug report. This
is kde-misc/knetworkmanager/knetworkmanager-0.7_pre1168552.ebuild:

DEPEND="net-misc/networkmanager
=kde-base/kdelibs-3.5*
* >=dev-libs/dbus-qt3-old-0.9*

But, dbus-qt3-old-0.9 doesn't get pulled in when I try to merge the package:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sudo ACCEPT_KEYWORDS=~amd64 emerge =knetworkmanager-0.7* -pv

Calculating dependencies - * Digest verification failed:
*
/usr/local/portage/layman/kde-sunset/app-office/koffice-data/koffice-data-1.6.3_p20090204.ebuild
* Reason: Filesize does not match recorded size
* Got: 649
* Expected: 583
\ * Digest verification failed:
*
/usr/local/portage/layman/kde-sunset/app-office/koffice-libs/koffice-libs-1.6.3_p20090204.ebuild
* Reason: Filesize does not match recorded size
* Got: 1699
* Expected: 1633
... done!
[ebuild N ] kde-misc/knetworkmanager-0.7_pre1168552 USE="-arts -cisco
-debug -dialup -openvpn -pptp -xinerama" 0 kB [1]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have added ~amd64 to the knetworkmanager ebuild and the 0.9 dbus-qt3
ebuild and generated new manifests. It doesn't pull it. Portage is the
latest stable: 2.1.9.25

Ideas?

Best regards,
Tiago
Re: [kde-sunset] knetworkmanager and dbus-qt3-old [ In reply to ]
Tiago Marques wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Just wanted to check something out before submitting a bug report.
> This is kde-misc/knetworkmanager/knetworkmanager-0.7_pre1168552.ebuild:
>
> << SNIP >>
> Best regards,
> Tiago

I don't think you can file a Gentoo bug report for things in a overlay.
You are however in the right place. In the past, the folks that
maintain kde-sunset respond to problems here. So, you may have just
filed a bur report.

Dale

:-) :-)
Re: [kde-sunset] knetworkmanager and dbus-qt3-old [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 11:19 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com> wrote:

> Tiago Marques wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> Just wanted to check something out before submitting a bug report. This
> is kde-misc/knetworkmanager/knetworkmanager-0.7_pre1168552.ebuild:
>
> << SNIP >>
> Best regards,
> Tiago
>

> I don't think you can file a Gentoo bug report for things in a overlay.
> You are however in the right place. In the past, the folks that maintain
> kde-sunset respond to problems here. So, you may have just filed a bur
> report.
>
> Dale
>
> :-) :-)

Thanks :)

I was referring about a bug to portage, not kde-sunset, since it is portage
that doesn't seem able to resolve the dependencies.

Best regards,
Tiago
Re: [kde-sunset] knetworkmanager and dbus-qt3-old [ In reply to ]
Tiago Marques wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 11:19 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com
> <mailto:rdalek1967@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Tiago Marques wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Just wanted to check something out before submitting a bug
>> report. This
>> is kde-misc/knetworkmanager/knetworkmanager-0.7_pre1168552.ebuild:
>>
>> << SNIP >>
>> Best regards,
>> Tiago
>

> I don't think you can file a Gentoo bug report for things in a
> overlay. You are however in the right place. In the past, the
> folks that maintain kde-sunset respond to problems here. So, you
> may have just filed a bur report.
>
> Dale
>
> :-) :-)
>

> Thanks :)
>
> I was referring about a bug to portage, not kde-sunset, since it is
> portage that doesn't seem able to resolve the dependencies.
>
> Best regards,
> Tiago

Usually the ebuild sets the packages that are needed and the ebuild is
part of the overlay. If you file a bug related to overlays, they are
usually closed. You can file it if needed but I suspect it will be closed.

The folks here will most likely be able to fix this. Just have to wait
until they get a chance to work on it. If it is portage itself, then
they will know that for sure and it can be filed with them.

Dale

:-) :-)
Re: [kde-sunset] knetworkmanager and dbus-qt3-old [ In reply to ]
Ok. Thanks for the help.

Best regards,
Tiago

Re: [kde-sunset] knetworkmanager and dbus-qt3-old [ In reply to ]

Hi.

On 28-02-2011 22:19, Dale wrote:
> Tiago Marques wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> Just wanted to check something out before submitting a bug report.
>> This is kde-misc/knetworkmanager/knetworkmanager-0.7_pre1168552.ebuild:
>>
>> << SNIP >>
>> Best regards,
>> Tiago
>
> I don't think you can file a Gentoo bug report for things in a overlay.
> You are however in the right place. In the past, the folks that
> maintain kde-sunset respond to problems here. So, you may have just
> filed a bur report.

You can file bug reports for supported overlays. As an example, we have
many bug reports for packages in the kde overlay. It's usually asked
that in such cases you start the bug summary with the name of the
overlay, so you might have something like "[kde overlay]
kde-base/kopete-4.6.9999: ..."
The kde-sunset overlay however is not supported by Gentoo developers and
the support is offered through this mailing list.

If you hit a portage bug, it doesn't matter if it only shows up in an
"unsupported" overlay or not, you can and should report it on bugzilla.
Before you do it, you should try to confirm it, though. You may even ask
for the help of members of the KDE team. The best way to do so is to ask
on #gentoo-kde.

> Dale
>
> :-) :-)

- --

Gentoo- forums / Userrel / Devrel / KDE / Elections / RelEng
Re: [kde-sunset] knetworkmanager and dbus-qt3-old [ In reply to ]
Ok. Thanks. I'll try to talk to someone on IRC.

Best regards