Few weeks ago I discovered kde3/trinity project
( http://trinity.pearsoncomputing.net/ ,
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/trinity/ ) and I tested a kubuntu
remix based on this project.

Maybe is good ideea to join our efforts with trinity team.

Opinions?

--
Serghei
Re: [kde-sunset] join to kde3/trinity [ In reply to ]
Hello,

do you have some more info to this project? Website seems temporary
and without some info. Haven't browsed the repository. Do I understand
this projects aims to keep kde3 up to date? That would be great.

Regards Ladislav Laska
S pozdravem Ladislav Laska
---
xmpp/jabber: ladislav.laska@jabber.cz

Re: [kde-sunset] join to kde3/trinity [ In reply to ]
On 06/29/2010 03:50 PM, Ladislav Laska wrote:
> Hello,
>
> do you have some more info to this project? Website seems temporary
> and without some info. Haven't browsed the repository. Do I understand
> this projects aims to keep kde3 up to date? That would be great.

As I understand, trinity will try to release kde 3.5.11 (actually
kubuntu remix based on
KDE3 is branded as 3.5.11).

There are some blog posts about this fork:

http://www.itlure.com/2010/05/trinity-project-picks-up-where-kde-3510.html
http://vizzzion.org/blog/2010/05/trinity-and-the-challenges-of-continuing-kde-3/

I guess we will have more info where the Pearson Computing's server will
back online.

PS I hate that I cannot send emails with kmail, I cannot figure out why
crashing...

--
Serghei
Re: [kde-sunset] join to kde3/trinity [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Tuesday 29 June 2010 15:15:38 Sergheii Amelian wrote:
> On 06/29/2010 03:50 PM, Ladislav Laska wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > do you have some more info to this project? Website seems temporary
> > and without some info. Haven't browsed the repository. Do I understand
> > this projects aims to keep kde3 up to date? That would be great.
>
> As I understand, trinity will try to release kde 3.5.11 (actually
> kubuntu remix based on
> KDE3 is branded as 3.5.11).
>
> There are some blog posts about this fork:
>
> http://www.itlure.com/2010/05/trinity-project-picks-up-where-kde-3510.html
> http://vizzzion.org/blog/2010/05/trinity-and-the-challenges-of-continuing-k
>de-3/
>
> I guess we will have more info where the Pearson Computing's server will
> back online.
>

> PS I hate that I cannot send emails with kmail, I cannot figure out why
> crashing...

It seems the trinity-website is back up again (at least partly).
I tested their LiveCD and at least kmail doesn't crash... i couldn't test
anything else yet.

I think it could be a great opportunity to create some svn-ebuilds (at least
until they might release some source-packages).
I only don't know how to create correct svn-ebuilds... maybe someone else
still has the old kde-svn-ebuilds lying around as a starting point?

greetings,
Roman

--
Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest.
-- Proverbs 6:8