fail to compile with libpng-1.4 because some structure fields in png.h
have gotten renamed.

Fortunately, in February a patch to fix this issue
(files/qt-3.3.8-libpng14.patch) was added to the overlay.

Unfortunately, even though the patch is there, the qt ebuilds in the
overlay don't apply it.

Please add epatch "${FILESDIR}/qt-3.3.8-libpng14.patch" to the qt:3 ebuilds.

-Alexandre Rostovtsev.
Re: [kde-sunset] x11-libs/qt-3.3.8b fails to build with libpng-1.4 because a patch is not being applied [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 14 May 2010, Alexandre Rostovtsev wrote:

> x11-libs/qt-3.3.8b-r2 and -r1 (in the kde-sunset overlay) currently
> fail to compile with libpng-1.4 because some structure fields in png.h
> have gotten renamed.
>
> Fortunately, in February a patch to fix this issue
> (files/qt-3.3.8-libpng14.patch) was added to the overlay.
>
> Unfortunately, even though the patch is there, the qt ebuilds in the
> overlay don't apply it.
>
> Please add epatch "${FILESDIR}/qt-3.3.8-libpng14.patch" to the qt:3 ebuilds.

I've read something to the effect that libpng-1.4 is causing all kinds
of headaches even in mainline Gentoo (even without kde-sunset). It's
got me nervous to update... I still remember about ten years ago when a
libpng update completely hosed a FreeBSD desktop I was maintaining then.
Here we go again! :-/

--
+ Brent A. Busby + "We've all heard that a million monkeys
+ UNIX Systems Admin + banging on a million typewriters will
Re: [kde-sunset] x11-libs/qt-3.3.8b fails to build with libpng-1.4 because a patch is not being applied [ In reply to ]
On Saturday 15 May 2010 12:19:59 Brent Busby wrote:
> On Fri, 14 May 2010, Alexandre Rostovtsev wrote:
> > x11-libs/qt-3.3.8b-r2 and -r1 (in the kde-sunset overlay) currently
> > fail to compile with libpng-1.4 because some structure fields in png.h
> > have gotten renamed.
> >
> > Fortunately, in February a patch to fix this issue
> > (files/qt-3.3.8-libpng14.patch) was added to the overlay.
> >
> > Unfortunately, even though the patch is there, the qt ebuilds in the
> > overlay don't apply it.
> >
> > Please add epatch "${FILESDIR}/qt-3.3.8-libpng14.patch" to the qt:3
> > ebuilds.
>
> I've read something to the effect that libpng-1.4 is causing all kinds
> of headaches even in mainline Gentoo (even without kde-sunset). It's
> got me nervous to update... I still remember about ten years ago when a
> libpng update completely hosed a FreeBSD desktop I was maintaining then.
> Here we go again! :-/
Yes, indeed the new libpng-1.4 is breaking a lot of packages (think i read
sth. about relation to not using --as-needed or so on some gentoo-related
blogs ).
After fixing the qt-3 ebuild it still broke bluefish and some others....

For the time being i would suggest masking libpng-1.4... until this is
resolved.

greetings,
strowi

Mit freundlichem Gruß,
Roman v. Gemmeren

--
He teareth me in his wrath, who hateth me: he gnasheth upon me with his
teeth; mine enemy sharpeneth his eyes upon me.
Re: [kde-sunset] x11-libs/qt-3.3.8b fails to build with libpng-1.4 because a patch is not being applied [ In reply to ]
Hello,

if you ask me, I'd say I already fixed it. Well, I may be mistaken. I
will test this patch tomorrow and commit update, if it works.

Regards Ladislav Laska
S pozdravem Ladislav Laska
---
xmpp/jabber: ladislav.laska@jabber.cz

Re: [kde-sunset] x11-libs/qt-3.3.8b fails to build with libpng-1.4 because a patch is not being applied [ In reply to ]
Does not seem to break anything, so I just pushed it.

Regards Ladislav Laska
S pozdravem Ladislav Laska
---
xmpp/jabber: ladislav.laska@jabber.cz