Mailing List Archive

Re: [gentoo-dev] KDE Team Meeting - October 2009
On Tuesday 20 of October 2009 20:33:12 Alex Alexander wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> The KDE Team will have its usual monthly meeting this Thursday.
>
> Date: Thursday, 2009/10/22
> Time: 1900 UTC
> Channel: #gentoo-meetings

I'd like to suggest following agenda items:

1. Proposition to split desktop profile to: KDE, Gnome, (and maybe some
others).
That being said active presence of some Gnome guys would be most appreciated.

2. Discussion of KDE4 split ebuild policy. I think we need to sanitize it a
bit (more functional/application approach) - especially regarding kdepim,
kdebase-workspace.

--
regards
MM
Re: KDE Team Meeting - October 2009 [ In reply to ]
> > The KDE Team will have its usual monthly meeting this Thursday.
> >
> > Date: Thursday, 2009/10/22
> > Time: 1900 UTC
> > Channel: #gentoo-meetings

So far the agenda is as below. If any more topics need to be added, please let
me know. As scarabeus is away, I will be presiding the meeting. Anyone
interested is invited to attend.

KDE topics
==========

1. Proposition to split desktop profile to: KDE, Gnome, (and maybe some
others).

2. Discussion of KDE4 split ebuild policy. I think we need to sanitize it a
bit (more functional/application approach) - especially regarding kdepim,
kdebase-workspace.

Qt topics
=========

3. Qt own subproject page under http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/

4. Policy regarding pre-releases (beta/rc)

5. Proposition to return to monolithic Qt ebuild

--
Ben de Groot
Gentoo Linux developer (qt, media, lxde, desktop-misc)
Re: KDE Team Meeting - October 2009 [ In reply to ]
Maciej Mrozowski posted on Wed, 21 Oct 2009 20:59:56 +0200 as excerpted:

> 1. Proposition to split desktop profile to: KDE, Gnome, (and maybe some
> others).
> That being said active presence of some Gnome guys would be most
> appreciated.

With that under discussion, what about a kde (or full desktop profile
tree) amd64 no-multilib profile?

I've been using no-multilib for some time, but it doesn't have a desktop
subprofile. With multi-parent cascading, it shouldn't be difficult to
create one, kde specifically or desktop. Just having the appropriate
no-multilib and kde or desktop as parents should do it I think. That
should take care of masking the 32-bit-only stuff and setting libdir and
whatever, plus setting grub-static as default system bootloader, which is
more or less what no-multilib does, AFAIK.

Re: KDE Team Meeting - October 2009 [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday 21 October 2009 23:12:40 Ben de Groot wrote:
> > > The KDE Team will have its usual monthly meeting this Thursday.
> > >
> > > Date: Thursday, 2009/10/22
> > > Time: 1900 UTC
> > > Channel: #gentoo-meetings
>
> So far the agenda is as below. If any more topics need to be added, please
> let me know. As scarabeus is away, I will be presiding the meeting. Anyone
> interested is invited to attend.
>
> KDE topics
> ==========
>
> 1. Proposition to split desktop profile to: KDE, Gnome, (and maybe some
> others).
>
> 2. Discussion of KDE4 split ebuild policy. I think we need to sanitize it a
> bit (more functional/application approach) - especially regarding kdepim,
> kdebase-workspace.
>

> Qt topics
> =========
>
> 3. Qt own subproject page under http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/desktop/
>
> 4. Policy regarding pre-releases (beta/rc)
>
> 5. Proposition to return to monolithic Qt ebuild

Could we please start with Qt topics first as I have to be back in the army
camp by 2100 UTC?

Many thanks
--
Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
Gentoo Linux Developer [KDE/Qt/Sound/Sunrise]