P.S. I've tryied to install my old driver but this doesn't fix the problem.
Thanks

(entranced can be launched without the openGl)

Re: nvidia driver problem [ In reply to ]
Pietro Montorfano wrote:
> Hi,
> some times ago i've updated my nvidia driver to the latest stable
> version. After that I've lost my openGl extension and now I can't play
> to many games and entranced is very slow, I've looked for someone with
> my same problem but i can't find anyone so, can anyone help me?
> P.S. I've tryied to install my old driver but this doesn't fix the problem.
> Thanks
>
> (entranced can be launched without the openGl)

Try "opengl-update nvidia" and see if that solves your problem.

-Steve

Re: nvidia driver problem [ In reply to ]
I too have been having the same problem. I have an FX5700LE and openGL
performance is terrible (5.00 fps in glxgears) UT2003 barely runs and
sometimes I get errors abount not finding libGL. I have installed and
re-installed the nvidia-glx ebuilds ran opengl-update nvidia,
re-emerged nvidia-glx opengl-update, glibc, and libsdl nothing seems
to help. I am using Xorg-6.8.0 but had the same problems with
Xorg-6.7.x. Things run fine in windows xp so I don't think it is a
hardware issue. does anyone have any other suggestions on what to do.
Brad