Mailing List Archive

Poll: End the Nvidia / ATI debate
Maybe I'm alone but I'd REALLY Like this NVidia / ATI debate taken off
of this list, it's been all I've gotten off this list for the past two
days, at least.

So I'm asking for a poll here, how many would like this off the mailing
list? Or if not, also reply.

Thanks.

Re: Poll: End the Nvidia / ATI debate [ In reply to ]
me wrote:

>On Friday 17 September 2004 06:35 pm, fire-eyes wrote:
>

>>Maybe I'm alone but I'd REALLY Like this NVidia / ATI debate taken off
>>of this list, it's been all I've gotten off this list for the past two
>>days, at least.
>>
>>So I'm asking for a poll here, how many would like this off the mailing
>>list? Or if not, also reply.
>>
>>Thanks.
>>

>LOL! I dunno... the one guy's kinda entertaining in a way.
>
>- Kevin
>
>--

There is no point arguing it, it doesnt get either side anywhere - its
not constructive if anything it just creates more seperation...
Remove this discussion that has worn itself out.

-Kow

RE: Poll: End the Nvidia / ATI debate [ In reply to ]
please remove it so the ati folks can exhale.

Re: Poll: End the Nvidia / ATI debate [ In reply to ]

RE: Poll: End the Nvidia / ATI debate [ In reply to ]
I agree... It's getting purile. There are other dicsussion lists for the
more rabid. For the most part, I've found this list to be a good source
of techincal information, without the frothing mouths found elsewhere...
Could we keep it that way?

For those still feeling obsessive, there was a URL posted earlier on
this topic (a petition). Sign it, get over it or just fill up someone
else's mailbox with the same old same old.

Bruce

Re: Poll: End the Nvidia / ATI debate [ In reply to ]
On Saturday 18 September 2004 00:35, fire-eyes wrote:
> Maybe I'm alone but I'd REALLY Like this NVidia / ATI debate taken off
> of this list, it's been all I've gotten off this list for the past two
> days, at least.

I think this violates the law of free speech or how you call it in the
usa. :-)

greetings from old europe
Thomas

Re: Poll: End the Nvidia / ATI debate [ In reply to ]
Thomas Stein wrote:

>On Saturday 18 September 2004 00:35, fire-eyes wrote:
>

>>Maybe I'm alone but I'd REALLY Like this NVidia / ATI debate taken off
>>of this list, it's been all I've gotten off this list for the past two
>>days, at least.
>>

>I think this violates the law of free speech or how you call it in the
>usa. :-)

It's not a Law, it's a Right, and though you won't get taken to jail for
this idiotic debate, one would hope list moderators would lock down on
this nonsense. It's not illegal, thus doesn't violate Freedom of
Speech, but it is stupid as this is clearly not the forum for this
crap. Take it elsewhere.

-ryan

Re: Poll: End the Nvidia / ATI debate [ In reply to ]
On Saturday 18 September 2004 5:04 pm, J. Ryan Earl wrote:
> It's not a Law, it's a Right, and though you won't get taken to jail for
> this idiotic debate, one would hope list moderators would lock down on
> this nonsense. It's not illegal, thus doesn't violate Freedom of
> Speech, but it is stupid as this is clearly not the forum for this
> crap. Take it elsewhere.

Well, the list isn't moderated for one thing. If you truely want the
ATI/NVidia debat to end, simply stop replying to the thread.

--
Jason Huebel
Gentoo/amd64 Strategic Lead

GPG Public Key:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x9BA9E230

"Do not weep; do not wax indignant. Understand."
Baruch Spinoza (1632 - 1677)