I tried to create a new user with the same problem.
I checked, pam, pambase, gdm but nothing seems to be wrong.

Best Regards
Re: can't log in gnome [ In reply to ]
I think, if you would like to get a more quick answer, you had better
subscribe and address your issue to gentoo-user list where most of
gentoo users are subscribed ...
(gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org)

Re: can't log in gnome [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 10:32 AM, Thanasis <thanasis@asyr.hopto.org> wrote:

> I think, if you would like to get a more quick answer, you had better
subscribe and address your issue to gentoo-user list where most of gentoo
users are subscribed ...
> (gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org)
>

> On 02/17/2017 04:15 PM, Gmail wrote:
>>
>> Hi, I'm on gentoo 3.20 with systemd. From yesterday it's impossible to
>> log in as user (works good as root), to gdm and shell, in 'normal mode'
>> with password.
>> If I set in gdm configuration the automatic access, I can log and work.
>> I tried to create a new user with the same problem.
>> I checked, pam, pambase, gdm but nothing seems to be wrong.
>>
>> Best Regards

Same problem?

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1059370-highlight-gdm+login.html
Re: can't log in gnome [ In reply to ]
Yes, different user but same problem.

Re: can't log in gnome [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 1:07 PM, mr_L4N <serverplus@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, different user but same problem.

The forums will generally provide answers pretty quickly, or check the
gentoo-user archives to see if there's been discussion there already. I
don't subscribe to that list anymore.

Good luck,
Mark
Re: can't log in gnome [ In reply to ]
Il giorno ven 17 feb 2017 alle 21:23 Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com> ha
scritto:

> On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 1:07 PM, mr_L4N <serverplus@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, different user but same problem.
> >

> The forums will generally provide answers pretty quickly, or check the
> gentoo-user archives to see if there's been discussion there already. I
> don't subscribe to that list anymore.
>
> Good luck,
> Mark

You say very quickly...I see that nobody answer to that question...
Gentoo today has a very good community!!

Thanks for your time.