unable to control brightness, resulting in laptop battery did not last even
for an hour ... =/

Anyone have this laptop Dell Latitude E5410 ? Does it run Gentoo smoothly ?

Found nothing in the forums or wiki (
http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Category:Dell_Laptops )

TIA

[]'s
Fernando Boaglio
Re: Dell Latitude E5410 laptop [ In reply to ]
2011/2/12 Fernando Boaglio <boaglio@gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> I'm thinking about buying a new  Dell Latitude E5410 laptop, I had to sell my LG laptop because it has a proprietary video driver that makes Linux unable to control brightness, resulting in laptop  battery did not last even for an hour ... =/
> Anyone have this laptop Dell Latitude E5410 ? Does it run  Gentoo smoothly ?
>
> Found nothing in the forums or  wiki ( http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Category:Dell_Laptops )
>
> TIA
>
> []'s
> Fernando Boaglio

If the laptop is supported by Linux, it is supported by Gentoo.

Canonical has a certification programme for its Ubuntu distribution.
If they provide full support, you must be able to get Gentoo working
as well.

http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/make/Dell

(I get a proxy error, but the URL should be the correct one..)

Martin