Mailing List Archive

audio device and alsa problem
Hi,
Having change motherboard and processor I have 1 outstanding issue. I can't get
sound to work in 6 channel mode.

If I do a lspci -v | grep -i audio I get
00:10.1 Audio device: nVidia Corporation MCP51 High Definition Audio (rev a2)
This I think is a Realtek ALC883 2,4 or 6 channel
I could not find this in kernel config but some documentation lead me to believe
that the driver I needed was hda-intel.
Alsa conf says No supported PnP or PCI card found.
But I do get output on the line out socket (Lime)
the sound is capable of 2,4 or 6 channel configuration
Surrounf (light blue)
Front speakers (Lime)
Center/Bass (Pink)

Any experts out there --- please

Paul
--
This message has been sent using kmail on gentoo.