Mailing List Archive

Text complete under X apps
Hello All,

This may sound funny, and it's funny for some extent. Recentely I have
been experiencing some weired behaviour on my Xorg applicaions. When
I start typing text it syggest a complete. For example, if I type
the letter g in firefox, I get this:

g{a}[1/6834]

and with "ge" :
ge{adephaga}[1/1003]

With the letter 't', here's what I get:
t{raaslni}[1/4]

This is not only in firefor, it's happening in eclipse as well. So if I
want to type the word "this", I go through these suggestion:

t{raaslni}[1/4]
th{a}[1/2009]
thi{sh}[1/2]
this{how}[1/15]

Note that the numbers are the available possibilities. I tried to check
the words in the dictionary for each case and here's what I got, using a
command :
$look th | wc -l ---> 2010
here are the results:
t: 132692
th: 2010
thi: 310
this: 16

I am not sure what to do to disable this. It's anoying. I
googled "xorg spell" but no luck. I am using a tiling desktop "xmonad".
I don't know what program/daemon is providing this functionality.

I am going to try to find a way to isolate the process causing this.
It stoped doing this, after I rebooted, but it's back again now :)

If someone have seen something like this, please let me know !
Re: Text complete under X apps [ In reply to ]
On 03/17/2010 02:03 AM, Mansour Al Akeel wrote:
> I am not sure what to do to disable this. It's anoying. I
> googled "xorg spell" but no luck. I am using a tiling desktop "xmonad".
> I don't know what program/daemon is providing this functionality.

Have you checked your "emerge -pev world" list? Perhaps some program
pulled a spellcheck dependency; if you found the spellchecker entry then
use "equery depends" to check what the offending program is and possibly
unmerge them or tweak its USE flag if possible.