Because I tried it, but when I run
emerge -DNu world
it still wants to upgrade to sys-fs/cryptsetup-1.1.0.
Re: revert to the stable version of a specific package [ In reply to ]
On 02/25/2010 12:48 AM, Thanasis wrote:
> I want to revert to the stable version of a specific package
> (sys-fs/cryptsetup-1.0.6-r2), while in /etc/make.conf I have
> ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64".
> For that I have put in /etc/portage/package.keywords:
> sys-fs/cryptsetup amd64
> and then I run
> emerge -1 =sys-fs/cryptsetup-1.0.6-r2
> Is that the way I should go?

Nope. You have to delete the "~amd64" keyword, not add the "amd64" one,
which is already being accepted by default anyway. To delete a keyword,
you use the "-" operator. To make a long explanation short:

sys-fs/cryptsetup -~amd64
Re: revert to the stable version of a specific package [ In reply to ]
Am 24.02.2010 23:48, schrieb Thanasis:
> I want to revert to the stable version of a specific package
> (sys-fs/cryptsetup-1.0.6-r2), while in /etc/make.conf I have
> ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64".
> For that I have put in /etc/portage/package.keywords:
> sys-fs/cryptsetup amd64
> and then I run
> emerge -1 =sys-fs/cryptsetup-1.0.6-r2
> Is that the way I should go?
> Because I tried it, but when I run
> emerge -DNu world
> it still wants to upgrade to sys-fs/cryptsetup-1.1.0.

It is not possible to set keyword "arch" for specific packages only
"~arch". To prevent upgrade you have to mask the never version via
/etc/portage/package.mask

echo "~sys-fs/cryptsetup-1.1.0">>/etc/portage/package.mask
should do the trick. The ~ instead of = masks minor revisions of that
version (for example sys-fs/cryptsetup-1.1.0-r1) too

Greetings

Sebastian
Re: Re: revert to the stable version of a specific package [ In reply to ]
Am 25.02.2010 00:10, schrieb Nikos Chantziaras:

> Nope. You have to delete the "~amd64" keyword, not add the "amd64" one,
> which is already being accepted by default anyway. To delete a keyword,
> you use the "-" operator. To make a long explanation short:
>
> sys-fs/cryptsetup -~amd64

Cool.. That really works. Nice feature.
Thanks for that info.

Greetings

Sebastian
Re: revert to the stable version of a specific package [ In reply to ]
On 02/25/2010 01:13 AM, Sebastian Beßler wrote:
> Am 24.02.2010 23:48, schrieb Thanasis:
>> I want to revert to the stable version of a specific package
>> (sys-fs/cryptsetup-1.0.6-r2), while in /etc/make.conf I have
>> ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64".
>> For that I have put in /etc/portage/package.keywords:
>> sys-fs/cryptsetup amd64
>> and then I run
>> emerge -1 =sys-fs/cryptsetup-1.0.6-r2
>> Is that the way I should go?
>> Because I tried it, but when I run
>> emerge -DNu world
>> it still wants to upgrade to sys-fs/cryptsetup-1.1.0.
>>

> It is not possible to set keyword "arch" for specific packages only
> "~arch". To prevent upgrade you have to mask the never version via
> /etc/portage/package.mask
>
> echo "~sys-fs/cryptsetup-1.1.0">>/etc/portage/package.mask
> should do the trick. The ~ instead of = masks minor revisions of that
> version (for example sys-fs/cryptsetup-1.1.0-r1) too

It is possible and I posted how to do it ;) You can unset keywords just
like you can unset USE flags.