Paul
--
This message has been sent using kmail on gentoo.
Re: emerge failures for libgsf & intltool [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 15:16:29 +0100
Paul Stear <gentoo@appjaws.plus.com> wrote:

> checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is
> required for intltool
>
> How do I install a perl XML parser? Where is it located?

There are two possibilities here. The first is that XML-Parser is
not installed. If so, then "emerge XML-Parser" will install it.

The second possibility is that XML-Parser is already installed but
is included with the older Perl modules. Perl has just been updated
from 5.8 to 5.10 and XML-Parser may still be associated with 5.8.
If this is the case, then "perl-cleaner --modules" will remove the
old XML-Parser module and install the new.

Frank Peters
Re: emerge failures for libgsf & intltool [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 03:16:29PM +0100, Paul Stear wrote:
> Both of the above update emerges failed with the same error:
> For libgsf:-
> checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is
> required for intltool
> For intitool
> checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is
> required for intltool
>
> How do I install a perl XML parser? Where is it located?
> Thanks for any help
> Paul

emerge -av1 XML-Parser

I the last update I had several failures due to perl packages missing,
they weren't actually missing, just in incorrect perl version and needed
remerging...

Is there something along the lines of python-updater for perl?

I just remerged the perl packages everytime something complained
(wasn't that much), usually replace :: with - to get the package name ;)

I was a bit more lucky, as the packages that failed for me didn't check
for the modules in configure, but just failed somewhere in the build
with a "XXXX not found" message, so I just ran qfile `locate XXXX` to
get the package...

yoyo

--
_

YoYo () Siska
===================
http://www.ksp.sk/
Re: emerge failures for libgsf & intltool [ In reply to ]
wrote:
> Both of the above update emerges failed with the same error:
> For libgsf:-
> checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is

> required for intltool
> For intitool
> checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is

> required for intltool
>
> How do I install a perl XML parser? Where is it located?

I suspect you've been hit by the recent perl upgrade to 5.10 and haven't
updated all the modules. Have you tried running `perl-cleaner --all`?

John
Re: emerge failures for libgsf & intltool [ In reply to ]
On Monday 22 February 2010 15:35:36 YoYo siska wrote:

> Is there something along the lines of python-updater for perl?

perl-cleaner.

--
Rgds
Peter.
Re: emerge failures for libgsf & intltool [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 04:56:22PM +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Monday 22 February 2010 15:35:36 YoYo siska wrote:
>
> > Is there something along the lines of python-updater for perl?
>
> perl-cleaner.

Thanks,
I did perl<TAB><TAB> and was looking for something along the
lines of update or rebuild, but cleaner din't look very relevant ;)

yoyo
Re: emerge failures for libgsf & intltool [ In reply to ]
On Monday 22 Feb 2010 16:34:13 Frank Peters wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 15:16:29 +0100
>
> Paul Stear <gentoo@appjaws.plus.com> wrote:
> > checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is
> > required for intltool
> >
> > How do I install a perl XML parser? Where is it located?
>
> There are two possibilities here. The first is that XML-Parser is
> not installed. If so, then "emerge XML-Parser" will install it.
>
> The second possibility is that XML-Parser is already installed but
> is included with the older Perl modules. Perl has just been updated
> from 5.8 to 5.10 and XML-Parser may still be associated with 5.8.
> If this is the case, then "perl-cleaner --modules" will remove the
> old XML-Parser module and install the new.
>
> Frank Peters

Thanks Frank and all who replied. "perl-cleaner --modules" did the trick
Thanks again
Paul
--
This message has been sent using kmail on gentoo.