Hi all,
I used to have at the top of my konsol a message that told me which item emerge
was working on, For some time now I just see "root:python2.6"
I'm sure this is easy but I can't seem to find the info about changing what is
displayed in the title bar. Can anyone help, please.
Paul
--
This message has been sent using kmail on gentoo.
Re: Konsole to show whats running? [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 12:46:48PM +0100, Paul Stear wrote:
> Hi all,
> I used to have at the top of my konsol a message that told me which item emerge
> was working on, For some time now I just see "root:python2.6"
> I'm sure this is easy but I can't seem to find the info about changing what is
> displayed in the title bar. Can anyone help, please.
> Paul

konsole changed the default configuration to show only
working directory:program name

You can go to Settings->Edit profile ->Tabs
and there is a "Tab file format" and "Remote tab file format"
Just use the button to the right to insert "Window Title Set by Shel"
(it should add a '%w' to the editbox)
you can change the whole format to what you like
(I have my bash promt set to change the title of the window to contain
the directory, so I just change that to %w when I'm using konsole...)

yoyo

--
_

YoYo () Siska
===================
http://www.ksp.sk/
Re: Konsole to show whats running? [ In reply to ]
Paul Stear schrieb:
> Hi all,

Hi,

> I used to have at the top of my konsol a message that told me which item emerge
> was working on, For some time now I just see "root:python2.6"
> I'm sure this is easy but I can't seem to find the info about changing what is
> displayed in the title bar. Can anyone help, please.

Go to Preferences, change profile, and in the 2nd tab change what's
shown in the title to "%w". With this configuration it works here.

> Paul

cu
Dieter

--
3rd Law of Computing:
Anything that can go wr
Re: Konsole to show whats running? [ In reply to ]
Hi,

you can change this, if you edit the current profile.
To do so, open Settings->Edit Current Profile and switch to the Tabs tab.
Here you can change the titles, e.g. to %w

-Stephan

Re: Konsole to show whats running? [ In reply to ]
On Monday 22 Feb 2010 13:10:16 YoYo siska wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 12:46:48PM +0100, Paul Stear wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > I used to have at the top of my konsol a message that told me which item
> > emerge was working on, For some time now I just see "root:python2.6"
> > I'm sure this is easy but I can't seem to find the info about changing
> > what is displayed in the title bar. Can anyone help, please.
> > Paul
>
> konsole changed the default configuration to show only
> working directory:program name
>
> You can go to Settings->Edit profile ->Tabs
> and there is a "Tab file format" and "Remote tab file format"
> Just use the button to the right to insert "Window Title Set by Shel"
> (it should add a '%w' to the editbox)
> you can change the whole format to what you like
> (I have my bash promt set to change the title of the window to contain
> the directory, so I just change that to %w when I'm using konsole...)
>
> yoyo
Thanks to Yoyo, Dieter and Stephan for your replys, I knew it would be simple.
Thanks
Paul
--
This message has been sent using kmail on gentoo.