Mailing List Archive

Any tricks getting Hulu to work in Firefox?
Hello all,
So I got some sound working today - the simple stuff with Intel
HDA. It seems to work OK. I can run mythfrontend and YouTube without
problems so I guess that much is working. For some reason the cards
aren't being recognized at boot time so I'm having to modprobe the
drivers by hand but at least it works.

The one thing that isn't working so far is Hulu from within
Firefox. No matter what video I try to stream is just gives me a
message that it cannot stream it. Is there some special trick? The
machine is amd64 stable through and through.

It seems to be using Flash 10 which is installed:

firefly ~ # emerge -pv adobe-flash

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild R ] www-plugins/adobe-flash-10.0.42.34 USE="32bit 64bit
(multilib)" 0 kB

Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB
firefly ~ #

Maybe Hulu's just having trouble right now? Or is there a trick?
It's been this way for an hour.

Thanks,
Mark
Re: Any tricks getting Hulu to work in Firefox? [ In reply to ]
Seems that there are threads in the forums about this not working
recently. I'll check that out and get back unless someone posts a fix.

Cheers,
Mark

Re: Re: Any tricks getting Hulu to work in Firefox? [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 6:56 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@gmail.com> wrote:
> Seems that there are threads in the forums about this not working
> recently. I'll check that out and get back unless someone posts a fix.

I haven't tried hulu in a long time (but it worked last time I tried).
There is also a hulu-desktop package you can try in portage, it is a
dedicated hulu player.
Re: Re: Any tricks getting Hulu to work in Firefox? [ In reply to ]
FWIW - Yes, I see it not working in Firefox. But Hulu works fine in
Opera and SeaMonkey-bin.

Bob
--
-
Re: Re: Any tricks getting Hulu to work in Firefox? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 9:09 AM, Bob Sanders <rsanders@sgi.com> wrote:
> FWIW - Yes, I see it not working in Firefox.  But Hulu works fine in
> Opera and SeaMonkey-bin.
>
> Bob
> --

Very interesting. OK - I'll give that a try.

I also found last evening that Hulu Desktop is working quite well so
that's fine for me also.